• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Your one picture that captures how you feel about being on the Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 14.29.06.png
There are hundreds of others of each camino we have walked. They are on my old computer. This is typical of what many pilgrims take. It is such a witness to an unexpected and life changing event in my life. I need to do something else now, so this is my choice for today, and actually, it is serendipitous. It speaks for itself.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I travelled from Canada alone to walk the Camino. I met so many amazing pilgrims that I still call friends today. We encouraged each other, cried together, laughed together, shared life stories....I’d pick pictures of all of those I met...which I have many....as well as people that live along the Camino that all hold a special place in my heart. How do you pick just one. So instead just me smiling as I did everyday.D8CCE11F-5449-419A-8391-4A501CA7CE76.jpeg

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
For me, it would be a different one from each Camino. Here's one from 2016. Although it doesn't really sum up how I feel about the Camino, it certainly captures something of the essence of that Camino experience. (Incidentally, that is my son taking a twenty minute nap at the "oasis" between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega.)
20160719_075150.jpg

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wow! Amazing pictures!

I have to confess that when I started the "thread" it was to subtly turn our attention to what is one of the most amazing aspects of the Camino that seems to resonate with all of us despite our religious/philosophical perspective.

In this regard, I thought that by limiting how we could respond, it would impose some type of discipline in how we approached the question.

I appreciate that the Camino is a million moments and all of them, are in some way or another, special. As are the people we meet and the relationships we form.

However, I know that when you have a restless mind and you are trying to fall asleep, where the thoughts and worries of the day impose on your consciousness, there may be a moment or a place that you go to on the Camino. Where the inability to sleep can become a happy refuge and inevitably a place of rest.

Please don't think I am going all "new age" on you. I seriously suspect that my "aura" is very much like the earth's ozone layer :).

At Cruz de Ferro, in a small inconspicuous nook at the bottom of the base. Representing a reaffirmation of allowing God the control of my anxiety and burden for the safety and future of my wife, children and grandchildren.

1547600444890.png

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Alto de Mostelares west of Castrojeriz. The road goes on forever...View attachment 50807
This is where I encountered the worst storm with high winds and pelting rain of my four caminos, but I still loved the excitement and adversity of that 5 hour adventure. It remains a most vivid memory almost 2 years later.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
IMG_2495.JPGOn the alternate route after Fromista walking alone and chuckling to myself at the image of some pilgrim who had given up on these boots some 10 km from anywhere in favor of walking in flip flops and hoping that that pilgrim got a chuckle out of it too and enjoyed the rest of their Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This is Gabriel and team on the first leg of his pilgrimage this summer--SJPP to Logroño. A powerful experience for all of us. (This summer, on to Castrojeriz...)

Mud on the Pyrenees.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I saw this only because the other people in the room of the albergue rattled loudly and turned on the light at 6:10 am and woke me up (sunrise at 8:10) so the only thing to do was get up and go also. Sometimes you have to look back...IMG_4620.jpeg

Last edited:
So much inspiration in this one thread! I love to see such spirited posts about the Camino and all the wonderful moments that pilgrims enjoy along the way.

Here's one of many, many of my favorite photos that captures the freedom of a soaring spirit en route to the field beneath the stars. Tapping into the palpable and pulsing rhythm of the Way, every day I forged ahead through sleepy villages, bustling cities, sprawling fields of grain and lush-green forests laden in eucalyptus and pine; a sacred path imbued with a numinous quality that can only be appreciated through the experience.
DSC_0214 MOD for Blogger.jpg

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The above picture is of my wife Beth from Australia, Trish from England and Max from Austria - waiting to have their Credentials stamped at Roncesvalles, 2 April 2009

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm sure my memory is going!

I have been in Santiago 6 times over the last 7 years and I was positive that the scaffolding obscured some or most of the cathedral. I honestly thought that they should put it on the passport/tourist stamps.

UOTE="Tincatinker, post: 697959, member: 14061"]View attachment 50882[/QUOTE]

Great news! Thanks for that!

I am leaving from Seville on April 1st, which those of you that have read my posts, will seem appropriate :)

Something more to look forward to!

I don't know what year Tinky's photo was taken, but there have been several reports on the forum that it is once again in pristine condition and scaffolding is gone!

€60,-

€46,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
9/23/16 - It was a beautiful almost-too-warm day and we couldn't take another step so we stopped for a chocolate break off the path in a hayfield just short of a rise, not realizing that Calzadilla de la Cueza was short of 1k away, just over the hill. When we walked into Calzadilla only a few minutes later, we shared a laugh at it all with our fellow pilgrims, all of whom were comfortably settled into the first bar in town. We of course bypassed them and found the second bar which, as we all know, is better (Schopenhauer).

Attachments

• IMG_5815.JPG
    IMG_5815.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 63
What incredible photos you all shared. Merci beaucoup.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Freedom and joy in Finisterre.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Great idea 😊 Hard to choose one. But this sums up so much of my Camino experience. Travelling alone after a really difficult 2 years of illness and heartbreak. What I found on my Camino was friendship fun and moments like this. Three strangers who came together and sat by the river at Ponte de Lima sharing beers and watching the sun go down together on another beautiful day. I never would have guessed this moment would happen and it was just perfect. To find friendship and companionship, to sit and be at peace together. We walked 240km in the end together. Camino magic

IMG-20180922-WA0026.jpg

IMG_20180922_193922034.jpg

€60,-
Hoping someone can help. I walked the Camino Frances started 19/5/18. Met a wonderful person named Karin from Montreal Canada. Last saw her at Muxia on the 26th June. Unfortunately did not pass on any contact details to each other Not sure why we didn’t . Would love to get back in touch

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back