• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Your one picture that captures how you feel about being on the Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This doesn’t represent my Camino but as I was walking down into Fisterra I took this pic. Never knew the whole story but I’m betting it represents this dude’s Camino. :p

Attachments

• CD151A48-0C7F-4158-A358-C543A9448BB7.jpeg
    CD151A48-0C7F-4158-A358-C543A9448BB7.jpeg
    525 KB · Views: 91
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
SO hard to choose just one picture, but the PEOPLE you meet are such a BIG part of the Camino experience that I have to go with a picture of them.
Just like you the people I met were the best part of my Camino, my favorite picture of them.

Attachments

• 46A6E427-5735-4DCB-8E67-F2429128ECF8.jpeg
    46A6E427-5735-4DCB-8E67-F2429128ECF8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Starting out from Castro Dozon, 21 May 2018, on the Via de la Plata. I walked my 2nd Camino with my wife and 3 very dear friends from the Netherlands, 1 of whom introduced us to the idea of walking the Francés (completed in 2014) back in 1995.

Attachments

• A58C5B23-3FA5-4CCC-9F37-FB9A00D56A13.jpeg
    A58C5B23-3FA5-4CCC-9F37-FB9A00D56A13.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • 04CC0A88-1D45-4049-B81E-D710E1F80519.jpeg
    04CC0A88-1D45-4049-B81E-D710E1F80519.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 32
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In addition to my photo in #130.

Beside the time for me, the other very good feeling on the camino was the great friendship I found on the way. Seven different countrys, six languages and nobody speaks English at home ;)....a very funny challenge.

Attachments

• 2012-06-27 20.57.39.jpg
    2012-06-27 20.57.39.jpg
    935.3 KB · Views: 38
View attachment 50995
I was amazed at the closeness I felt with my husband in doing the Camino together. Mostly helpful, cooperative, grace beyond measure given both ways. Only a few "meltdowns'!
Spending time with your husband/partner is very special isn't it. You have to rely on each other so heavily that it brings you closer. I rode the Camino de Santiago with my husband back in 2013 and we both feel much closer to each other now than we did before. We only had one disagreement during the whole time, which was a miracle in itself!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
467CE754-0A17-4423-AD75-97B2FB957297.jpeg
Meeting my sister along the way was very emotional. I’d started alone in SJPP and she starred in Sarria with her family 3 weeks later. Although I’d met some wonderful people I was just totally overcome seeing her along the road to Ribadiso.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

€60,-
I travelled from Canada alone to walk the Camino. I met so many amazing pilgrims that I still call friends today. We encouraged each other, cried together, laughed together, shared life stories....I’d pick pictures of all of those I met...which I have many....as well as people that live along the Camino that all hold a special place in my heart. How do you pick just one. So instead just me smiling as I did everyday.View attachment 50754

Attachments

• 8A0B0C35-5E57-47AB-BD73-42817CBA0AF3.jpeg
    8A0B0C35-5E57-47AB-BD73-42817CBA0AF3.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 14
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Penny, loved your post, all so true....I think we mustve stood in exactly the same spot to take our pictures....this view remains one of my favourite shots of the camino...all the best ..ian

If you'll excuse the language, this photo sums up the thoughts of all pilgrims at least once on the Camino! On the other hand, walking through vineyards and finding a bunch of grapes on the ground is brilliant...

Attachments

• DSC04493.JPG
    DSC04493.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5208.JPG
    IMG_5208.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
This is Gabriel and team on the first leg of his pilgrimage this summer--SJPP to Logroño. A powerful experience for all of us. (This summer, on to Castrojeriz...)

View attachment 50838
I remember that dreadful mud on the Route Napoleon. Not a place for a bike or a wheeled cart! Here's my son pushing his bike through that same spot.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That bunch of grapes ... please tell me it’s windfall.
Absolutely! I wouldn’t dream of picking anything from the vine, though I did see a Brazilian woman do that, which I thought was not very acceptable.

Two photos... To remember how beautiful it was and the fantastic people I met there - and the fact that even when tired I was always happy and seeing it as a welcomed challenge. I wish I will appriciate all people in my life after the Camino and retain my sense of humor with the challenges I face in life.

Attachments

• 52EFD074-F7AA-47D5-BA00-55BAF7E0FE97.jpeg
    52EFD074-F7AA-47D5-BA00-55BAF7E0FE97.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 0E52E2F0-6C70-4759-98CC-D424091A38BC.jpeg
    0E52E2F0-6C70-4759-98CC-D424091A38BC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
View attachment 51623
My sweet boy and a lovely woods-woman, near Vilar, Pontevedra
This could be anywhere in the Dandenong Ranges in Victoria, Australia. I left my 'home made' hiking staff behind a large eucalyptus close to SdC on my first/last Camino as a symbol of connectedness to country. Will be looking to see if it's still there next time.

Attachments

• DSC_1608.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 15
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back