• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Your preferred sello (stamp)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There is a guy at Finisterre offering the "Ultimo Sello" - the last one. He's set up a a donativo, essentially paying a private individual to ink your paperwork.

Who'd have thought that at the End of the Earth (Finis Terrae) there'd be a souvenir shop and a last opportunity for a sello.

great question...I'd say my favorite was Albergue de Boni which is in Salceda.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I don't know - I loved all of them because just having the record of where I stopped was so special! I do wish ALL had the name of the albergue or bar and the town/city name on them. I loved the ones that had their special logo/image. And I laughed at the occasional place that basically had a normal business stamp - I can't remember where but I got one like that on the Frances and one like that at the train station in Hendaye.

Sobrado Dos Monxes 2007 .jpg

One of my favorite sellos is this from the Sobrado dos Monxes monastery.

In March 2007 I detoured to Sobrado from the Camino Frances at Arzua; the round trip walk was roughly 50 km. Stayed at the pilgrim albergue within the Cistercian/Trappist complex. When the porter saw my American passport he delightedly (and silently) pointed to several library shelves filled with the works of Thomas Merton, the renowned American Trappist.

This monastery complex is a Baroque masterpiece; in the afternoon I wandered through the many structures in awe. No other pilgrims were about.

Alone I attended Vespers. The evening service was held in a splendid circular contemporary space. Walls were either painted white or natural wood. All was lit by thick, sputtering candles. The monks wearing their white robes responded in unison.

It was a true privilege to share such a timeless ambiance; this sello is a memento of that special silent night.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My favourite stamp is from Casa do Funil in Mértola, Portugal (on the Caminho Nascente). They are not used to receiving pilgrims and didn't have a stamp. But the owner is a sketcher so he sketched and painted a little stamp for both of us showing the town's clocktower:

IMG_3097.jpg

For good measure, here is the clocktower:

51284174157_7a9e82870c_c.jpg

Last edited:
The one stamp that always stands out for me when looking over the credentials of pilgrims is the Samos stamp from the Camino Frances. It is much bigger than the others and takes up more space than the standard square that most sellos fit into.

This is interesting, but also important from a distance calculation point of view, because at a glance it's clear that the pilgrim has walked 7km more with the Samos detour than would normally be calculated.

Its a pretty stamp too..
20220929_185725.jpg

For difficulty of obtaining the sello, it is the British Embassy in Madrid at the start of the CdMadrid. The security was hard work, as was explaining to the British staff behind the bullet-proof glass, why on earth I wanted the official stamp on a ‘souvenir’. The local Spanish staff came to the rescue.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Which is, in your opinion, the best "sello" you have ever received ? Both considering the esthetic and the difficulty in obtaining it.
Two days ago, I got the ultimate sello from Carlos Pinheiros at Albergue Pinheiros in Alvaiazere. It took about ten minutes for him to do. It has a brass scallop shell, and a brass key, and a red ribbon. Onto these he drips three different colours of heated wax, and then a big circle with three different colours of melting wax, then he Stamos that circle. Then he drips melting wax, in a circuit around the page representing your steps to Santiago. Everyone at the albergue was photographing the entire process including me. Unfortunately, I am not good enough with Smartphones to show a photo here. My phone is definitely smarter than me.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you to all for the reply, I hope we can continue increasing the number of "special"sellos collect (and maybe depicted by a photo) on this topic.

Last edited:
I had a sello made for the parishioners of my parish who walk the Camino. I’ve stamped it for them on the parish altar before they leave for Spain. It may not be the favorite that I've received, but it's my favorite that I've given.

EA572AF7-CD31-4E8C-8BBD-DA6D10296682.jpeg

logo.jpg Pilgrim Heart, for pilgrims preparing for, and walking the Camino, and for the life that follows.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Earlier this year I commented in another thread
On my pilgrimages on the St Olavs Ways, where places didn't have stamps, I asked for a drawing, and was never disappointed. When I look at these little drawings I have a much more vivid memory of that day and the circumstances than other days.
These are links to the images:

or they can be found at this post.

They remain my favourite entries in all my credentials.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Which is, in your opinion, the best "sello" you have ever received ? Both considering the esthetic and the difficulty in obtaining it.
The obvious answer for me is the Cathedral cello which appears twice on each of my completed passports. It is a symbol of the result of the completed pilgrimage.
Cheers

One of my favorites is the sello I received from Felisa who had a stand set up on the Camino where she offered Figs, water and love as I headed into Logrono. After she died, her daughters kept the stand open. Don’t know if they are still there.

Attachments

• 7F16764A-DED2-47C9-BBFD-A9033B06B5E5.jpeg
    7F16764A-DED2-47C9-BBFD-A9033B06B5E5.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 44
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I like the new sello for Albergue Elias Valina in Canfranc, an adaptation from a full-on Icon created last year by California pilgrim-artist Melissa West for the new albergue.
I love this one @Rebekah Scott ! I walked my first Camino using Don Elias's Camino guide - a copy borrowed from my mother-in-law and which Don Elias had signed for Barbara on her own 1985 Camino. If I have any regrets about that first Camino it is probably that I arrived in O Cebreiro a few months too late to meet the man himself.

The one stamp that always stands out for me when looking over the credentials of pilgrims is the Samos stamp from the Camino Frances. It is much bigger than the others and takes up more space than the standard square that most sellos fit into.

This is interesting, but also important from a distance calculation point of view, because at a glance it's clear that the pilgrim has walked 7km more with the Samos detour than would normally be calculated.

Its a pretty stamp too..
View attachment 133807
Yes, I also consider this as one of my favorites. I wish they would redesign the final Cathedral stamp to be something more spectacular and memorable than it currently is.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’ve had a rethink.

On C.San Lorenzo in Burgos I asked for a sello from the ‘Pez de San Lorenzo’ who didn’t have one but after some thought detached a portion of their ‘own brand’ anchovy tin label and glued to to my credenciale.

On the Le Puy route, stopped at a little cafe for a drink and got a stamp. The woman took the time to fill it in with a yellow pencil. Just a small touch, but I cherish this one.

1690161435634.png

On the Le Puy route, stopped at a little cafe for a drink and got a stamp. The woman took the time to fill it in with a yellow pencil. Just a small touch, but I cherish this one.
I think that was very kind. It's lovely that people take the time to make really special stamps.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
L’Alcove, Via Podiensis, Conques, France. The owners of this little bed and breakfast were absolutely delightful and owned the art store below. The wife specialized in recreating illuminations, hand drawn/colored images similar to those found in medieval manuscripts. This image is from a TripAdvisor review but similar to my credential. 1690243179481.jpeg

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back