• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Yummy places to snack, eat lunch or dinner along the Camino from Sarria to Santiago

Stinaw

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2019
Any recommendations on places to stop & get a snack, tapas, lunch or dinner along the camino between Sarria to Santiago? What were your favorite places!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In Sarria, Restaurante en Sarria Matías Locanda.

Buen Camino

Mark

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
What makes a good meal, of course, is a VERY personal choice! However I have always enjoyed these two simple pilgrim-friendly restaurants on that route.

In Ferreios down the hill next to the local church and cemetery is the restaurant/bar, Meson Mirallos. Their delicious Sunday lunch included fresh clam soup, breaded veal cutlet with cream sauce, cheese tart, thick country bread, water, wine and coffee for less than 15 euros! What a bargain!
https://restauranteomirallos.negocio.site/

Just east of Palas de Rei the hotel/restaurant, La Cabana, also has an excellent daily menu and a great bar on the wide verandah with free WiFi. I have never stayed here but always enjoy their food.
https://complejolacabana.com/

For many other choices check out this earlier thread
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-alburgues-extras-from-sarria-to-santi.17843/

Last edited:
Albergue do Rego at the 100km mark - run by a a wonderful husband and wife. Husband is a chef and everything is made from scratch, even the ice cream. Delicious! Lots of locals were eating there when i went through

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You didn't say what time of the year you will be walking. Once, just on the outskirts of Santiago the roadside cafe was so crowded we didn't think we'd find a place to sit. We walked off the track a bit and found a bar that obviously didn't see many pilgrims. I don't recall what the food was like, but it was well worth walking the few extra metres; we sat and had a leisurely meal, there was no line up for the bathroom and the waitress had time to chat with us. Sometimes just going off the beaten track can become a favourite memory. 🙂

Pulperia Luis in Sarria has the best pulpo I've had on three caminos!

Every time we’ve walked the CF we stop for lunch or dinner in Lavacolla at San Paio restaurant and have the Seafood platter. 3type of fish shrimp steamed potatoes and salad.
It is fabulous!!!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We had a fantastic “treat” dinner in O Mirador in Portomarin - near the top of the steps.

And excellent pulpo in El Caminante in Palas de Rei.

The restaurant in Morgade (population 4 :) ) made the best bocadillo con atun that I've had on any of my Caminos - a perfect amount of oil in the tuna and juice from the tomato moistening the bread so I didn't miss the non-existent Spanish condiments - it's been almost 4 years and I still remember than sandwich. It's the perfect lunch stop from Sarria.

The restaurant "O Pedrouzo" on Rúa Concello in Pedrouzo offers only two options either veal steak or veal chop but both options are magnificent. The meat is partially cooked and cut into strips which you then finish cooking to your choice on a hot stone on the table

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.