Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Zamora to Astorga

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Does anyone know how many days (stages) there are from Zamora to Astorga?

I don't see it in either guide.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.

William Marques

Staff member
Zamora - Morntamarta 19km
Montamarta - Granja de Moreuela 21km
Granje de Moreuela - Benavente 29km
Benavente - Puente de la Vizana 20km
Puente de la Vizana - La Baneza 22km
La Baneza - Astorga 25km

These stages are from a self made guide in 2002 based on Alison Raju's and the Amigos de Seville's guides and the location of albergues may now be slightly different but about 6 days.

geraldkelly

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés, Vía de la Plata / Camino Sanabrés, Camino del Baztán, Camino Aragonés, Chemin du Puy
Hi Anniesantiago!

I walked that stretch in 6 days - and that was taking my time.

It's not the most exciting part of the Via though. Mostly pretty flat. And there's no albergue (that I could find) in Benaventa.

If you need an up-to-date guide there's one on my website. I walked it in February of this year.

Buen Camino!
Gerald

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
William Marques said:
Zamora - Morntamarta 19km
Montamarta - Granja de Moreuela 21km
Granje de Moreuela - Benavente 29km
Benavente - Puente de la Vizana 20km
Puente de la Vizana - La Baneza 22km
La Baneza - Astorga 25km

These stages are from a self made guide in 2002 based on Alison Raju's and the Amigos de Seville's guides and the location of albergues may now be slightly different but about 6 days.

There's an albergue in Alija del Infantado, somewhere between Benavente and Astorga. But near to Benavente. I know it because during the summer of 2006 I was visiting some pilgrims who where walking this Camino in this town.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm playing with dates, and flights and all that good stuff. My preferred VdlP dates at this stage have me starting right in the middle of Semana Santa. So my thoughts at this stage are...
Has anybody walked this route at this time of the year (last week in February 1st 2 weeks in March)?. If so are there albergues open and are the conditions OK? Thanks

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon