Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

zaurutz albergue

viajero

Past OR future Camino
I am on the NOrte now and there is a pilgrims albergue in Zaurutz. It opened on june 21 ( i don´t know if it opened for the season or is brand new). I went to the tourist office and asked for the pilgrim albergue but they assured me there wasn´t one so I stayed at the youth hostel which is nice but at 20.33 euros/bed is quite steep. The next day, I learned from other pilgrims that there is an albergue. They said it was on the camino a couple of blocks back from the beach. Not too far (about 50 meters) from the famous restaurant with the famous chef in Zaurutz on the beach (sorry can´t think of his name). It doesn´t open ´til 4 each day. I think they said it was in some sort of art school.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
viajero said:
I am on the NOrte now and there is a pilgrims albergue in Zaurutz. It opened on june 21 ( i don´t know if it opened for the season or is brand new). I went to the tourist office and asked for the pilgrim albergue but they assured me there wasn´t one so I stayed at the youth hostel which is nice but at 20.33 euros/bed is quite steep. The next day, I learned from other pilgrims that there is an albergue. They said it was on the camino a couple of blocks back from the beach. Not too far (about 50 meters) from the famous restaurant with the famous chef in Zaurutz on the beach (sorry can´t think of his name). It doesn´t open ´til 4 each day. I think they said it was in some sort of art school.

The famous chef is Karlos Arguiñano. He decided to open a Restaurant (it's also a Hotel) in his town, where he was born, better than in Bilbao, Madrid or New York.

The albergue opens every summer, very close this famous Restaurant.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg