Which GPS do you recommend for the Camino de Santiago?
The question was:
I got a private message about what GPS I use, and thought I’d post it here.
What I want for my trips is a GPS with:
• Long battery life, preferably runs on AA batteries
• Daylight readable screen
• Ease of loading multiple maps and tracks
• Enough memory to store each days travel for several weeks
• Strong antennae and no need for internet connection
• A good bike handlebar mount
Not too heavy or expensive
There are apps to make a phone do about anything, but they flunk on the battery and waterproof criteria. I hear they tend to lose signal too.
Read the rest of this post and the responses on GPS on the Camino de Santiago here.