• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

oursonpolaire

Latest activity Postings About Post areas

• oursonpolaire
      oursonpolaire replied to the thread Stops on Camino del Norte.
      You can walk whatever distance/day works for you. In the first week from Irun to Bilbao, the trek can require a certain degree of vigour, and there are few albergues. You should being with short stages (well, I would) and realize that you may...
    • oursonpolaire
      I've just noticed this thread-- I did the Castellano Aragones a few years ago and I am not surprised to hear that not much has changed. I really liked the small townsall along the way, full of history (I like that) with Borgias and the Civil...
    • oursonpolaire
      I think the clergy are happy as long as we are not barefoot, but will likely overlook even that.
    • oursonpolaire
      oursonpolaire replied to the thread 4-day 1st- time Camino..
      I would re-examine your urban schedule; do your 4-5 days in either Barcelona or Madrid, but not both. To do both will eat up 1-2 travelling days on a tight schedule, and will introduce a possibly unnecessary frazzle element to your trip...
    • oursonpolaire
      oursonpolaire reacted to Tincatinker's post in the thread 4-day 1st- time Camino. with Like Like.
      @Unweekends have you decided to disregard the helpful comments in your previous thread? https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/7-day-camino-sarria-to-santiago-110km.85948/ I urge you to consider that if you do want to spend time in...
    • oursonpolaire
      oursonpolaire replied to the thread Vertigo.
      I am vertigo-sensitive, but the only two spots which concerned me was climbing El Brusco, east of Noja-- just take the road instead; and the bridge over the Rio Eo on the Galicia/Asturias frontier-- I have always taken a taxi. Everything else...
    • oursonpolaire
      Walk what you can at a pace which suits you best. You may not be able to reach Santiago this time, but there is often another year to finish it-- this is very common practice among Europeans. Or, as others have sugggested, start closer to...
    • oursonpolaire
      Quite feasible. Buses are principally from towns, but usually stop in each village twice a day, to pick up passengers going into town, or to deliver them in the later afternoon. Diligent use of rome2rio.com will usually inform you, but if you...
    • oursonpolaire
      oursonpolaire reacted to Pafayac's post in the thread Variante Montejurra with Like Like.
      There are a bit more woods on this variant. At Luquin you will find nice bar.
    • oursonpolaire
      Not suggesting that you had expectations!! Budget planning is very legitimate. I was writing more for the information of a general readership (and, I fear, a few pilgrims I have met whose notion of the Camino included lots of cleverness!!)...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back