• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Residencial Santa Marinha

Antipodean

Can anyone give me a current email address for the Pensão Residencial Santa Marinha in Vilar do Pinheiro? I have tried RMarinha@hotmail.com which I got from the Confraternity of St James's guide but the email was returned as undeliverable.

If possible, I'd like to try and book a room for the end of my first day's walk.

I can take my chances and just turn up on the day or, if necessary, I can walk on to Vilarinho (but there's only the four-bed albergue there and, after the post about Vilarinho nightmare, this is less appealing).

Thanks

Tony

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, Tony,

I don't have an email address but I do have a phone number 229 271 520. If you call from outside the country you'd have to add 00 plus the country code, 351. But you could probably do it the day you arrive for the next night.

The place has 7 rooms, so I doubt you'll have a problem with a day or two's notice.

Bom caminho, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Walk the coastal from Matosinhos. Far better than this dangerous busy with dense traffic hike !
I donot understand why people every time again choose to go via Vilarinho !
This forum is full of complaints about this track !

Walk the coastal from Matosinhos. Far better than this dangerous busy with dense traffic hike !
I donot understand why people every time again choose to go via Vilarinho !
This forum is full of complaints about this track !

* Casa da Laura (8 beds) in Vilarinho:
near the N104 road from Azurara to Trofa
In that case leave the coastal road already just after Lavra and just before Praia (= beach) do Angeiras in direction of Angeiras, Carvelha, Igreja, Modivas and Gião
See:
https://www.facebook.com/AlbergueDoTorreao
e-mail address: casadalaura@gmail.com

* Monasterio in Vairão: Mosteiro de Vairão (50 beds) - albergue donativo;
dinner €6; whole year open
In that case leave the coastal road already just after Lavra and just before Praia (= beach) do Angeiras in direction of Angeiras, Carvelha, Igreja, Modivas and Gião
See:

https://www.facebook.com/mosteirodevairao
http://mosteirodevairao.blogspot.pt/
e-mail address: mosteirodevairao@gmail.com

As well as Casa da Laura as the monasterio are about 22 km from metro station Mercado in Matosinhos and they are about 2 km from eachother!!!
And the first day I am going to walk from the cathedral in Porto along the river Douro (beautiful road and flat!) to Matasinhos without backpack that I will keep in the locker in the AirPorto hostel. From Matasinhos (12 km from the cathedral) I will take the metro (= metro station Mercado) back to the hostel (= metro station Botica near the airport). The other day after breakfast I will go back by metro to Matasinhos to continue my camino from there.

I hope I scip a lot of traffic and industrial area in this way north of Porto ... An alternativ efor me is to continu to Vilar do Conde and follow the way from there to Rates.
And I think the walk along the river Douro and the coastal road is much better ..., but I think the coastal road after Vilar do Conde will be too isolated for me. I like to head for Barcelos since there is a lot of camino history on that camino, more than on the coastal road!
In Azurara just before Vilar do Conde pilgrims can get cheap accommodation in the Adventure Park (call before!) and ask there for a meal!
Adventure Park, http://www.azurara-parque-aventura.com/#contactos

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
* Casa da Laura (8 beds) in Vilarinho:
near the N104 road from Azurara to Trofa
See:
https://www.facebook.com/AlbergueDoTorreao
e-mail address: casadalaura@gmail.com

* Monasterio in Vairão: Mosteiro de Vairão (50 beds) - albergue donativo;
dinner €6; whole year open
See:

https://www.facebook.com/mosteirodevairao
http://mosteirodevairao.blogspot.pt/
e-mail address: mosteirodevairao@gmail.com

As well as Casa da Laura as the monasterio are about 22 km from metro station Mercado in Matosinhos and they are about 2 km from eachother!!!
And the first day I am going to walk from the cathedral in Porto along the river Douro (beautiful road and flat!) to Matasinhos without backpack that I will keep in the locker in the AirPorto hostel. From Matasinhos (12 km from the cathedral) I will take the metro (= metro station Mercado) back to the hostel (= metro station Botica near the airport). The other day after breakfast I will go back by metro to Matasinhos to continue my camino from there.

I hope I scip a lot of traffic and industrial area in this way north of Porto ... An alternativ efor me is to continu to Vilar do Conde and follow the way from there to Rates.
And I think the walk along the river Douro and the coastal road is much better ..., but I think the coastal road after Vilar do Conde will be too isolated for me. I like to head for Barcelos since there is a lot of camino history on that camino, more than on the coastal road!
In Azurara just before Vilar do Conde pilgrims can get cheap accommodation in the Adventure Park (call before!) and ask there for a meal!
Adventure Park, http://www.azurara-parque-aventura.com/#contactos
Complicated but effective as you describe your tour to and fro the airport for your backpack.

Most of the coastal detour mentioned very often on this forum means from Matosinhos to Vila do Conde and from there to Rates/Barcelos

The real coastal is more quiet indeed, going from Porto to Vila do Conde Esposende,Viana do Castelo ,Caminha,Oia,Baiona and Vigo to Redondela all away along the coast.

If you go and I wrote it many times,stop between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima at casa da Fernanda to sleep,to eat and have a good time. It is on the caminho in Vitorino dos Piaës. The best place to stay at the entire Porto to Santiago leg,

Goede reis

Complicated but effective as you describe your tour to and fro the airport for your backpack.

Most of the coastal detour mentioned very often on this forum means from Matosinhos to Vila do Conde and from there to Rates/Barcelos

The real coastal is more quiet indeed, going from Porto to Vila do Conde Esposende,Viana do Castelo ,Caminha,Oia,Baiona and Vigo to Redondela all away along the coast.

If you go and I wrote it many times,stop between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima at casa da Fernanda to sleep,to eat and have a good time. It is on the caminho in Vitorino dos Piaës. The best place to stay at the entire Porto to Santiago leg,

Goede reis

Yes, indeed, I hope I am able to stay in Casa da Fernanda (16 beds), what I have heared the best place on the camino run by Jacinto & Mariana.
Unbelievable donativo place including dinner and breakfast and laundry!
It is just before Vitorino dos Piães
e-mail address: fernandarodrigues1970@hotmail.com
phone + 351 914 589 521 or + 351 916 041 590

PS. The idea of walking without backpack (to leave the backpack behind in the hostel in Porto) is even possible for more nights, since the metro line is up till Póvoza de Varzim and there is a metro station in Vila do Conde.
See for the map of the metro in Porto (= System map): http://www.metrodoporto.pt/en/PageGen.aspx?WMCM_PaginaId=16975

Yes, indeed, I hope I am able to stay in Casa da Fernanda (16 beds), what I have heared the best place on the camino run by Jacinto & Mariana.
Unbelievable donativo place including dinner and breakfast and laundry!
It is just before Vitorino dos Piães
e-mail address: fernandarodrigues1970@hotmail.com
phone + 351 914 589 521 or + 351 916 041 590

PS. The idea of walking without backpack (to leave the backpack behind in the hostel in Porto) is even possible for more nights, since the metro line is up till Póvoza de Varzim and there is a metro station in Vila do Conde.
See for the map of the metro in Porto (= System map): http://www.metrodoporto.pt/en/PageGen.aspx?WMCM_PaginaId=16975
By Fernanda and Jacinto. We have been three times their guests
Next year May we will come back to them when we will walk the full coastal and we will make a detour from Viana do Castelo to them to stay once more in their house. We know the area. This year we walked the camiño Ingles but after finishing we toured through Portugal 4 weeks with our car and caravan. Last year we walked the Portugese from Lisbon.
Next year we will start in Povoa da Varzimimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
By Fernanda and Jacinto. We have been three times their guests
Next year May we will come back to them when we will walk the full coastal and we will make a detour from Viana do Castelo to them to stay once more in their house. We know the area. This year we walked the camiño Ingles but after finishing we toured through Portugal 4 weeks with our car and caravan. Last year we walked the Portugese from Lisbon.
Next year we will start in Povoa da VarzimView attachment 13088View attachment 13089

Lovely! You are a Portugal fan as well like me since last July??!! What a nice country, lovely people.
I saw on internet about Jacinto & Mariana, maybe the mother who started this house was Fernanda?
I hope I can catch a bed in their house in the second half of September!!!

Lovely! You are a Portugal fan as well like me since last July??!! What a nice country, lovely people.
I saw on internet about Jacinto & Mariana, maybe the mother who started this house was Fernanda?
I hope I can catch a bed in their house in the second half of September!!!

I like Portugal very much since many years as I do Brasil and Cabo Verde.
Give Fernanda a ring on beforehand that you will come. She and Jacinto speak english.

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.