• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Way now too travelled?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There is a quote you may want to consider: "It's your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you". I'm confident that what YOU experience will be much different than those pilgrims that ship their bags or take a taxi. The only person they are cheating is themselves. I know you understand what I am saying, and you will reflect upon your experience, as I do, with much love, respect, pain, endurance, understanding, and the feeling of peace that it gives to us. Do not judge them, rather pity them for not doing a true Pilgrimage and not embracing the reason for the Camino.

I'm confused by this. The quote seems to be at odds with the rest of the post.

I'm confident that what YOU experience will be much different than those pilgrims that ship their bags or take a taxi. The only person they are cheating is themselves. Do not judge them, rather pity them for not doing a true Pilgrimage and not embracing the reason for the Camino.

James Michener called a trip on the Camino "the finest journey in Spain, and one of the two or three best in the world"
Went by car. (He did park the car outside of Castrojeriz, and walk a bit to get the feel of what it was like to approach the town.) He also delved deeply into the history of the route, spending days with local church people discussing the medieval pilgrimages. I don't think he was too worried about meeting some arcane modern standard of who really appreciates the Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
All of the Anayas guides are pretty good, but I don't think they have English translations yet.

The Confraternity of St James's list of albuergues is a must have, and almost negates the need for a guidebook (other than for maps)....which would allow you to just carry the Brierly map guide (although we found inaccuracies in his maps too, so....).
Thank you, I will check into this and the suggestion from Angelo. Much appreciated!

There is a quote you may want to consider: "It's your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you". I'm confident that what YOU experience will be much different than those pilgrims that ship their bags or take a taxi. The only person they are cheating is themselves. I know you understand what I am saying, and you will reflect upon your experience, as I do, with much love, respect, pain, endurance, understanding, and the feeling of peace that it gives to us. Do not judge them, rather pity them for not doing a true Pilgrimage and not embracing the reason for the Camino.
What do you mean by a true Pilgrimage?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We chose to walk the CF late August to September 2013 for the following reasons:
1) College students are starting to go back to school.
2) Typical vacation season is ending.
3) Not as rainy in Galicia.
4) Hot, but not blistering hot.
5) No fighting for accommodations.
As it turned out we feel we made the right decision. The trails were not as busy as some pilgrims had reported who had gone May-July.
Buen Camino.

Colleen, if only this was why so many are walking it. But alas not the case. Nights being woken by drunken "pilgrims" as they try to find their bunk, only to see them at 8 am the next day starting their day with a beer, of people from the "NJ Fun & Fit Club" riding their bicycles for shorter distances than the slowest of us walks. And making shopping decisions based on the penny, instaead of being generous and undertstanding everyone needs to make a living on this route (hence why you buy something at a bar when using the loo). The picture you paint is beautiful, and for some true, and hopefully some of the those hoping for the most inexpensive holiday of their lives will encounter what you write about. Truth is, the Fun & Fit group may make the Camino impossible in the future for those you write about.
We cannot change others, we can only change the way we react to them. A Camino is something that happens inside, the road is just a way to walk and center your thoughts. I was part of the Fun & Fit club when I was young & stupid, as were most of us. We are not all born to seek, sometimes it takes a slap upside the head from the Universe to stop, look and listen. I got several slaps upside the head. Have compassion for the Clubbers, because they may have a harsh awakening someday. I did.

We chose to walk the CF late August to September 2013 for the following reasons:
As it turned out we feel we made the right decision. The trails were not as busy as some pilgrims had reported who had gone May-July.
Buen Camino.

I agree. We also went about that time (mid August to mid September, 2013), and the only time we felt "crowded" was actually at the beginning, in Zubiri. There were some school age children daypacking, and Zubiri was filled up when we got there. We walked up past the bus station to that little café there and asked inside about a taxi. Instead of calling a taxi, the owner drove us to Pamplona!! As it was late by then, we got a hotel room. The next day, we got a taxi back to Zubiri, walked to Pamplona and continued on with our Camino. If it gets crowded on the Camino, you just have to adjust your stages. Cut it short one day or walk extra one day, you will most likely get away from the bigger crowds :) Buen Camino!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Zubiri was the only town we walked to that we ended up staying at a hotel because the albergues where full. We had arrived late in the afternoon and there were just no rooms left. We felt it happened due to the lateness of the time we arrived and not due to crowding. Buen Camino.

We cannot change others, we can only change the way we react to them. A Camino is something that happens inside, the road is just a way to walk and center your thoughts. I was part of the Fun & Fit club when I was young & stupid, as were most of us. We are not all born to seek, sometimes it takes a slap upside the head from the Universe to stop, look and listen. I got several slaps upside the head. Have compassion for the Clubbers, because they may have a harsh awakening someday. I did.
You put this very beautifully, Coleen. When I was on the Camino, I observed over a period of days someone getting that slap upside the head. It was discomforting for me to watch, and no doubt painful for the person forced to stop, look and listen.

And if I paid myself for the hours it takes to set up such a trip for a group, I would be making less than $2 per hour. So though I get a 'trade out' for my time, I certainly do not 'make money.' In other words, if you want to do what I do, don't quit your day job. :eek:

Annie, if I could afford it, I would take that job for $2/hour :) Just to get to walk again each year, heck, I would do it for free :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Does anyone know of a guide book from Barcelona in English please as I was looking at the Ruta de Elbro in 2016
I completed the Ebro two weeks ago. Am just writing up my diary. Send me an e-mail and I'll send you a copy. It was VERY remote. I met one other pilgrim in three weeks who was walking the same way as I was. I slept in four albergues - and was the ONLY pilgrim in three of them!!! Spooky!

You put this very beautifully, Coleen. When I was on the Camino, I observed over a period of days someone getting that slap upside the head. It was discomforting for me to watch, and no doubt painful for the person forced to stop, look and listen.

That was probably me. And my wife was hitting me because I was stopping to look and listen! :D;)

I completed the Ebro two weeks ago. Am just writing up my diary. Send me an e-mail and I'll send you a copy. It was VERY remote. I met one other pilgrim in three weeks who was walking the same way as I was. I slept in four albergues - and was the ONLY pilgrim in three of them!!! Spooky!

Looking forward to reading about your experiences on the Ebro. I'm (dv) doing the first half this November, then turning off onto the Castellano-Aragonés at Gallur, then moving across the hills from Burgos to join the Norte after Santander.

I think I can guarantee that I won't be troubled by over-crowding, other than the one night in Burgos. Last year on the Levante I was alone on about 26 nights out of 42, and once on the VdlP it was 27 out of 34.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buen Camino.
Ditto

I saw an example of this last week in Villamayor de Monjardin. A young girl bought a bottle of wine at the tiendra and carried it to the only bar in town and had the gall to ask the owner for a cork screw and 3 wine glasses so she could share it with her friends. He's a nice, generous guy and he was willing to accommodate her request. Her next move was high fiving her friends about her boldness. I'd chalk it up as being petty and rude.
If she paid a service fee or left a gratuity, this is an acceptable practice in some countries, including the United States. "Rudeness" is sometimes just cultural differences. You are probably right about her motives, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I haven't read every reply. I will say that the Camino isn't the only place in Europe where you can walk an ancient route for religious, spiritual, or self renewal reasons. St. Olaf, Rome, Jerusalem. All of these routes end in a place of religious significance with a nice little certificate to hang on the wall, if that is what you are after. If you want alone time, there are other routes and other caminos than Frances.

......... "Rudeness" is sometimes just cultural differences. You are probably right about her motives, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.
I agree. Besides, as the poster said, this incident occurred in Villamayor de Monjardín - still early days on the Francés. If the peregrina was heading to Santiago, there were still many days left for her to get that slap upside the head.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

"Pity"?? Seriously? Can we please not get into this "true pilgrimage" thing again? My 79-year-old mother and I just completed our Camino. We used bag transport because neither of us, for different reasons, was physically able to carry a full pack weight. Several times due to injury we had to take a taxi to our accommodation (not after Sarria, as it happens). We were not "cheating" either ourselves or anyone else, just doing what was necessary. We walked into Santiago footsore and tired but very proud of what we had managed. We don't really care whether you see us as "true pilgrims", dcorrea951, (and I'm not getting into that debate!) and I'm damn sure we don't need your pity!

Maybe more albergue should be like Gaucelmo in Rabanal: schlept your stuff or else You get turned away from the Inn. Christian don't you think?

Actually, I struggled with this when I got to Melide after the Primitivo a week ago. It was a shock to see groups and groups of pilgrims. I ran to hide in the fist albergue I found only to come back out after being showered and having had a nap. But the nextday I started cringing again: 20 people in front of me practically all the time, and another 10 behind. Percentage of those schleping their backpack? 20% perhaps. Who wpuld have ever thought that one day I would look at bicygrinos as "the good guys"

I saw so many people being dropped out of taxis, wthout packs, at the top of hills, I was getting upset, thinking all sorts of bad thoughts about these tourigrinos. Then I started having visions of undercover Camino police who would cancel the credenciales of those getting put of taxis

Then I remembered some Bouddhist readings about observing feelings and not falling in that rriver, about the impermanence of things. And I realises that maybe this Camino might be about learning to dig deeper, to find solutions witjin me and not in my environment, in those around me. I don't like something, like these crowds of touriginos, then it is up to me to find a way not to let it affect me.

Perhaps spirituality on the CF is no longer going to be offered to any and all on a silver platter like it has been, at least for me, in the past. Now, because of the distractions, perhaps I will simply need to look deaper inside me to find what the Camino has had to offer, and still has to offer.
Love your post as it reminds me of me. I got a tad annoyed by the touregrinos on the 'old 206', a bus transporting folk along the way with the niumber 206 on the front. A group came into Manjarin behind me and started making 'knowledgable sounds about the weight of my pack'. 15k they surmised, actually 9.75. I kind of started to fume. One guy walked with nothing hanging on his back but a pastel pink cardigan. At the top of the hill they had all the tables at the caravan stall taken but would not let me have a spare seat so I sat on the ground. The anger was growing. Then after Sarria, the FNGs. The noise, the laughter, the enthusiasm, the lack of backpacks was really getting to me. The less than polite Irish woman in the bar at Morgade. Being Irish and wearing an Irish patch, I felt obliged to apologise to the bar man and said loud enough for her to hear that there is always one to let down the nation. Then I met an Anglican priest from California. It was he who used the term FNG but not the usual meaning. He called them friendly new guys and reminded us that the noise and laughter and chatting and enthusiasm was us at St Jean. That everyone has their own reasons and its not for us to judge. He calmed my anger and annoyance and made me look at things in a kinder way. As I walked along the forest trail from O Pedrouza an Australian woman and her husband slowed down to talk to a tired weary old pilgrim carrying his own pack. She had a light day bag, started at Sarria and was almost apologising when I told her I had walked from St Jean.
This lady was the last of her mothers children still alive. The mother was 94 and this lady was her only carer and had had to put her mother in a care home while she was away. She had flown all the way from Oz to walk as quickly as she could from Sarria then fly back home. She had always wanted to walk the camino but this was the best she could manage. Who was the true pilgrim here, her or me. I am retired, a two hour cheap flight from Dublin, all the time in the world ad she is a carer, not a lot of time and flying from the other side of the world. Who had the most commitment. The FNGs are not rivals or cheap style pilgrims to be reviled, they are gifts to make us realise that we are all just part of an awesome community of millions stretching back over a millenium. So enjoy the crowds now walking and love them like we love our St Jean and Orisson families. We are all pilgrims to Santiago and on the road of life

Of all the problems in our world, too many people seeking the Truth in a Peaceful loving environment while drinking wine and listening to each others stories is not a problem. Sure, we may have to share too much of our personal space at a buffet table, but I am willing to add more water to the soup and invite one more person to the meal. This phenomenon is exactly what we have been praying for, that all men and women take the time while they live to find that individual seed of goodness locked inside by years and years of mundane struggle in an environment full of misinformation and radical irrationality. Rather than Jihad or Crusades or country invading country, I support inviting as many people as possible to walk, eat pinchos, drink wine and LISTEN to each other. I would sleep on a floor if we could convince the powerful people to do what we few do. Actually, I'd rather share the bunk...(with a very skinny person, please). (who doesn't snore please).

Love this.

There is a quote you may want to consider: "It's your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you". I'm confident that what YOU experience will be much different than those pilgrims that ship their bags or take a taxi. The only person they are cheating is themselves. I know you understand what I am saying, and you will reflect upon your experience, as I do, with much love, respect, pain, endurance, understanding, and the feeling of peace that it gives to us. Do not judge them, rather pity them for not doing a true Pilgrimage

Did you really say this? A 'true' pilgrimage? Really? All that self righteousness must be an awfully heavy burden. Want to buy a donkey?

Are you normally so dogmatic and intolerant? I would normally reserve my pity for people like you who believe that they hold some universal insight into what is a true pilgrimage. Certainly apply these standards to yourself, but don't think for even one moment that you can tell what is in the heart or mind of someone who ships their bags, or takes a taxi or bus from time to time before the last 100km.

Last edited:
I will say that the Camino isn't the only place in Europe where you can walk an ancient route for religious, spiritual, or self renewal reasons.............If you want alone time, there are other routes and other caminos than Frances.

Not strictly relevant to the various caminos to SdeC nor exactly religious in a modern sense but I live about 400 metres from an ancient walkway, and has been variously dated as being between 5,000 and 8,000 years old.

It runs from the Devon/Cornwall coast across the south of England ending on the Kent/Sussex coast. It is known in parts as the Harrow Way (a.k.a. the Harroway or the Hoary Way).

As to "religiosity" it passes close by Stonehenge and as it heads east it changes its prehistoric identity and has become the Pilgrim Way to Canterbury.

So "if you want alone time" on an "ancient route" this might be the one for you for it is seldom (or has been) in modern millennia, walked over its full length!

Last edited:
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
1949Trevor@gmail.com, thanks for the reply. This will be my third Camino previous two CF, and quiet will be great for the first few weeks. where did you start from.
Trevor

I know I know. I said no math.... but out of the 7 billion people on earth only .2% received a Compestia last year(237,886). It probably felt like more, maybe felt like .3% instead!
I hope the other 99.8% of the world was jealous.

I know I know. I said no math.... but out of the 7 billion people on earth only .2% received a Compestia last year(237,886). It probably felt like more, maybe felt like .3% instead!
I am very impressed with your math, but what on earth is a Compestia? :confused::D

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you, I will have a look for that one!

Janice, It's straightforward and much easier to follow in my opinion. The guidebook includes Finisterre/Muxia as well which will help you as it seems that you'd like to end your Camino there.
Buen camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Love your post as it reminds me of me. I got a tad annoyed by the touregrinos on the 'old 206', a bus transporting folk along the way with the niumber 206 on the front. A group came into Manjarin behind me and started making 'knowledgable sounds about the weight of my pack'. 15k they surmised, actually 9.75. I kind of started to fume. One guy walked with nothing hanging on his back but a pastel pink cardigan. At the top of the hill they had all the tables at the caravan stall taken but would not let me have a spare seat so I sat on the ground. The anger was growing. Then after Sarria, the FNGs. The noise, the laughter, the enthusiasm, the lack of backpacks was really getting to me. The less than polite Irish woman in the bar at Morgade. Being Irish and wearing an Irish patch, I felt obliged to apologise to the bar man and said loud enough for her to hear that there is always one to let down the nation. Then I met an Anglican priest from California. It was he who used the term FNG but not the usual meaning. He called them friendly new guys and reminded us that the noise and laughter and chatting and enthusiasm was us at St Jean. That everyone has their own reasons and its not for us to judge. He calmed my anger and annoyance and made me look at things in a kinder way. As I walked along the forest trail from O Pedrouza an Australian woman and her husband slowed down to talk to a tired weary old pilgrim carrying his own pack. She had a light day bag, started at Sarria and was almost apologising when I told her I had walked from St Jean.
This lady was the last of her mothers children still alive. The mother was 94 and this lady was her only carer and had had to put her mother in a care home while she was away. She had flown all the way from Oz to walk as quickly as she could from Sarria then fly back home. She had always wanted to walk the camino but this was the best she could manage. Who was the true pilgrim here, her or me. I am retired, a two hour cheap flight from Dublin, all the time in the world ad she is a carer, not a lot of time and flying from the other side of the world. Who had the most commitment. The FNGs are not rivals or cheap style pilgrims to be reviled, they are gifts to make us realise that we are all just part of an awesome community of millions stretching back over a millenium. So enjoy the crowds now walking and love them like we love our St Jean and Orisson families. We are all pilgrims to Santiago and on the road of life
Who has claim to the Pilgrim Roads to Compostela
El Campo de las Estrellas...
No .."one"
Every "one"

Neither the greatest,
nor the least of ,
Pilgrimages,yet claiming the hearts and minds of so many. In so,many wonderful and varied ways.

For me? If i was able..
It would be to my knees and shuffle my way to Santiago..to beg forgiveness,
for all the world to be healed of war and strife
So that there would be peace among all peoples and in the hearts of nations.

All may claim Santiagos way
But in the end
Santiagos way has claimed them
Peace.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Someday I'd like to try a winter Camino!
I will be sure to pick your brains when that happens - I think my biggest concern would be the limited distance I'm able to walk = probably never more than 25-30 k.
But I guess there are always buses and taxis! :p
Annie: A winter camino is wonderful and you don't need to worry - there are albergues open generally every 20-25 km. I think I only had to do 30 km 2 or 3 times and generally it was by choice. Only once did I have to walk 5 km further because of a closed albergue (wrong info in my guide). I walked in Jan-Feb and was surprised how many people were doing the same. It would be my choice if I walked the CF again. I loved it.

If she paid a service fee or left a gratuity, this is an acceptable practice in some countries, including the United States. "Rudeness" is sometimes just cultural differences. You are probably right about her motives, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.
I totally agree with you except she did not leave a tip or even take the trouble buy a bag of chips. She was much too busy gloating and texting:eek:!

1949Trevor@gmail.com, thanks for the reply. This will be my third Camino previous two CF, and quiet will be great for the first few weeks. where did you start from. Trevor
There are various options, Trevor.
I actually started slightly further down the coast in Vinaros: that's just 25 kms from Sant Carles de la Rapita.
I started in Vinaros because I lived there for eight years!! And had free B&B and a few [many] vinos with friends!
Yellow arrows from SCdlR to Zaragoza are poor. From Zaragoza to Logrono they're good.
Draft diary now being checked and should be available on Monday [we're moving tomorrow! :(]
Of all my caminos I think the Portuguese was favourite ... but each has its beautiful stretches.
Here's just one of the lovely Ebro ... on the day when I met no-one and saw no-one for four hours!
upload_2015-6-17_7-45-34.jpeg

Buen camino, amigo!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Err - I make it 0.003% ;)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Please don't enlighten them!
Imagine the crowds if only 1% gets a Compostella :eek:

Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.
It would be a HUGE affair at the Cathedral in Santiago! Like a Bollywood set, with colorful saris and dancing! Wait! Pilgrims and Indians? THANKSGIVING!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There are various options, Trevor.
I actually started slightly further down the coast in Vinaros: that's just 25 kms from Sant Carles de la Rapita.
I started in Vinaros because I lived there for eight years!! And had free B&B and a few [many] vinos with friends!
Yellow arrows from SCdlR to Zaragoza are poor. From Zaragoza to Logrono they're good.
Draft diary now being checked and should be available on Monday [we're moving tomorrow! :(]
Of all my caminos I think the Portuguese was favourite ... but each has its beautiful stretches.
Here's just one of the lovely Ebro ... on the day when I met no-one and saw no-one for four hours!
View attachment 19334

Buen camino, amigo!
I will be waiting to read as it is my birthday I will take this as my Camino present, I will be meeting the path at Zaragoza coming from Monserrat, quiet paths are the ones that I enjoy as it allows me to set my own pace and I always catchup to folk at the stops for like you a vino tinto..

I will be waiting to read as it is my birthday I will take this as my Camino present, I will be meeting the path at Zaragoza coming from Monserrat, quiet paths are the ones that I enjoy as it allows me to set my own pace and I always catchup to folk at the stops for like you a vino tinto..
Just to let you know my Ebro Diary is now completed.
Let me know if you'd like a copy - but it is 11 MB!!! Probably due to the pictures. There's a photo album, too, but that's 11 MB as well.
I hope you have a super camino next year.
Blessings from England...
upload_2015-6-18_8-14-38.jpeg
Storks on parade!

Just to let you know my Ebro Diary is now completed.
Let me know if you'd like a copy - but it is 11 MB!!! Probably due to the pictures. There's a photo album, too, but that's 11 MB as well.
I hope you have a super camino next year.
Blessings from England...
View attachment 19389
Storks on parade!
A copy of both would be great thanks, do you have a link or just email it to me ta Trev.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
In order to get a Compostela, one must be able to prove they walked 100 km's or rode 200 km's. Other than that, starting points, carrying your own bag etc., etc. are parameters set by those who want/need to differentiate themselves from others. Everyone should be allowed to walk their Camino without judgement and imo, accepted as a Pilgrim.

In regards to speling, I do nt undrstnd the neeed as lng as the messege is conveyd. Ths is nt ann Inglesh, Spanesh or Franch class. Many participants are not even native English speakers.

Rant over.

Buen Camino to all current, past and future Pilgrims. No matter how you did your Camino.

Joe

For those looking for a quieter alternative, perhaps try either the European Peace walk from Vienna to Trieste, or the newly established Lutherweg in Germany. No Santiago at the end, but they may address some of the issues raised in this and other threads. Any journey can be a personal pilgrimage.

Woe is me ! For I met not one Pilgrim on the Camino this March.
Gucci tourists, down-dressing and feigning spiritual revelations as they gulped Coca-cola and littered everywhere.
Somewhere between risible and disheartening.
Bring back the good-old Camino that we all loved so much !

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Trevor - a personal e-mail sent to you has come back saying you don't exist :(.
Both diary and Photo Album can now be downloaded from my web site - http://snicholl5.wix.com/home-site#!santiago/c165l
Any problems, let me know!
Thanks Stephen I have woken to rain here in Wintry Melbourne so I have been able yo link in and I will grab a coffee or two finish the washing and then spend some time and look at your photos and read your blog, not a better way to spend a wet day. Thanks Trevor

Do not judge others. People have many different reasons for how they do their journey.

But I have experienced more than one pilgrim, who got their lives changed by the time they reached SdC. One of them said to me: "When in Burgos, you told me that I would be a different person by the end of the walk, I smiled cynically inside. Today, after crying in front of the Cathedral, I must admit that you were completely correct".

So let people do what they do. Many of them will have gotten the point by the end of their walk.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Zubiri was full early yesterday (by 2:30, according to some pilgrims who came to Pamplona today), but Zubiri opened up a municipal building just past the town for some pilgrims to sleep on the...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
My friend is trying to figure out bookings/lodging. She started in SJPDP Friday, ended up walking the Winter route to Roncesvalles in one day, only to find no bed so bused back to SJPDP to sleep...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
Within the past few hours there have been two stories on local news media reporting that the Guardia Civil have been successful in returning lost passports to pilgrims. One in Najera, the other in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.