• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Almeria

Time of past OR future Camino
For those who have walked the Mozarabe starting in Almeria, any recommendations for a place to stay in Almeria? Preferably near the start of the route.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We spent a night in La Pita guesthouse. Located in the Centro Historico. Nice place, has a kitchen as well. So far I remember it was about 30€ for a double room.

The Torreluz Senior, Tenor Iribarne 15, Almería 04001 is a pleasant hotel, centrally situated and reasonably priced. I booked it through booking.com and stayed for three nights before setting off. (There is a lot to see in Almería!) No hitches. Buen Camino, Tom

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
For those who have walked the Mozarabe starting in Almeria, any recommendations for a place to stay in Almeria? Preferably near the start of the route.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

The Amigos Association’s guide lists both of those two places mentioned in earlier posts.

I usually like to start my camino with a night in a pensión to hope for a better jet-lag sleep, and I think we stayed in Pensión Americano, right off the main drag.

Almería has a LOT to see, if you are interested in doing some touristy things before the walk. The most interesting, IMO, were the castle and the tunnels that were used as bomb shelters during the Spanish Civil war.

The Amigos Association in Almería is the place to start, in fact, I don’t think anyone walks the Mozárabe from Almería without meeting them. They run all of the albergues up to Granada and are an extremely helpful group of people.

Lucky you, @pinkwadingbird, I love this camino!

The Amigos Association’s guide lists both of those two places mentioned in earlier posts.

I usually like to start my camino with a night in a pensión to hope for a better jet-lag sleep, and I think we stayed in Pensión Americano, right off the main drag.

Almería has a LOT to see, if you are interested in doing some touristy things before the walk. The most interesting, IMO, were the castle and the tunnels that were used as bomb shelters during the Spanish Civil war.

The Amigos Association in Almería is the place to start, in fact, I don’t think anyone walks the Mozárabe from Almería without meeting them. They run all of the albergues up to Granada and are an extremely helpful group of people.

Hi, what’s the best way to get in touch with the Amigios Association please?

Hi, what’s the best way to get in touch with the Amigios Association please?
Their website lists several options.

I would contact the association via WhatsApp to one of the two phone numbers listed. WhatsApp is by far the easiest way to get in touch on a day to day basis when you need to get info about getting into the albergues, etc.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The Torreluz Senior, Tenor Iribarne 15, Almería 04001 is a pleasant hotel, centrally situated and reasonably priced. I booked it through booking.com and stayed for three nights before setting off. (There is a lot to see in Almería!) No hitches. Buen Camino, Tom
I was also going to recommend this place. Good restaurants nearby too

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Thank you. I didn't realize there was so much to see in Almería. I was so focused on the walking part of my journey that I haven't been paying much attention to other things to see and do in the area.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back