• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Porto to Vigo

BarbC

Time of past OR future Camino
Vigo to SDC - Sept. 2023, Porto to Vigo - 2024
Hi all

We are arriving in Porto on Sept 10 and leaving for Vigo on the 13th - I think that based on the schedules, the bus seems better than the train. Is it necessary to get tickets far ahead - will I be able to book when I get to Porto - just a couple days in advance. Any recommendations on which Bus line?

thanks
Barb

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you already know your exact date, why not just buy them online in advance? ALSA, Flixbus and Rede Expressos are the lines.
I think you are right - I should do that. Do you have any preference of lines - and are you familiar with the bus station in Porto - I heard it's quite massive and not in the town centre.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
When I need to take a bus I always look first at the ALSA app. It is easy to use and you can see it in English if need be. After I purchase it I can add the ticket to my Apple wallet. I am sure they have lots of busses. I took the train from Santiago to Vigo and switched to the bus to Porto to meet my daughter in Porto after a camino 4 years ago. It was easy and comfortable.

I think you are right - I should do that. Do you have any preference of lines - and are you familiar with the bus station in Porto - I heard it's quite massive and not in the town centre.
Alsa is the easiest to use in my opinion but they are all good, clean, and comfortable.

The Campanha station bus & train are a little outside but accessible to the city centre.

Most read last week in this forum

The why is in the article below. https://www.elcorreogallego.es/santiago/2024/05/07/concello-santiago-estudia-reforzar-conexiones-102021423.html
Where in Santiago can I catch the bus to the airport?
Here's the dealeo. 😁 Instead of my usual departure city back to the US of A from Paris. I am now coming home from Barcelona. I've done my due diligence in searching how to get from Logrono to...
I am filling out the Correos bag transportation itinerary and my question is, what do I select as my next destination if my hotel/inn/BnB/apartment is not listed on the drop down menu? Can I...
I just got a note that I'll be switching terminals in Madrid for the last leg to Pamplona. If everything is on time I'll have one hour and fifty minutes to make this happen. Seems like a tight...
Hi , I'm looking for some advice. I'm flying to Madrid and catching a bus to Burgos to walk to León. I'm using a light weight foldable bag for my rucksack & poles but I would rather leave the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.