Camino Ingles

Emegan

Oct 25, 2023
New Jersey
Time of past OR future Camino
2014, 2017, 2024
Planning Ingles for July, 2024. I have done two Caminos (Leon and Porto) but this will be the first for my traveling companions.
I am curious about other pilgrims- I don't want it too quiet as meeting other pilgrims the best part of my other Caminos.
Also, coming from northeast USA and wondering about travel to starting point. Thanks.

• Buen Camino!
Reactions: David Tallan
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Corned Beef

Veteran Member
May 25, 2019
Near Canterbury
umap.openstreetmap.fr
2024 Portuguese/ VF (South) / VF Grand St Bernard

1man2dogs

May 17, 2023
LS14 5PQ
Camino Ingles
Planning Ingles for July, 2024. I have done two Caminos (Leon and Porto) but this will be the first for my traveling companions.
I am curious about other pilgrims- I don't want it too quiet as meeting other pilgrims the best part of my other Caminos.
Also, coming from northeast USA and wondering about travel to starting point. Thanks.
If you're flying into Madrid you can get a flight to A Coruna which takes about an hour then it's a short bus journey to the centre of A Coruna and then a bus to Ferrol.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
May 5, 2021
My kitchen table (CT,USA)
Inglese 2021
CF started 22022
I flew from JFK to Madrid and from there took a train to SDC and then a bus to Ferrol. I saw lots of fellow pilgrims on the bus.

Reactions: David Tallan

jcat

Dec 9, 2015
California
2016-2023
Train from Chamartin Station in Madrid to Ferrol is pretty easy.

There should be a good amount of pilgrims in July to get the true Camino feel. Buen Camino.

Caomhin O Fearghaill

Jan 25, 2010
Ireland
2008 to 2023
2024 planned
....you could fly into Santiago, get a bus to Ferrol and walk back to Santiago...lovely walk...you will need two sellos per day to qualify for a Compostella... buen camino

Reactions: Peterexpatkiwi
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Mar 24, 2023
Germany
Inglès April 2023
Primitivo July 2023
@Emegan , as above the easiest two options are: 1/ flying into Santiago and then taking the bus (multiple buses every day, 1 1/2 hours or 2/ flying into A Corona and then bus.
It’s a wonderful walk, and actually fairly popular so highly unlikely you’ll find it too quiet!

One thing to consider (as always!) is Spanish public holiday’s - if there’s any in the week you intend to walk, it can get VERY busy. The only pinch point (accommodation wise) is Bruma.

The best option is simply to stay off-stage the whole route- there are load’s of options. If you want to stay on stage, at Bruma consider booking at the private Albergue there, if you know exactly when you’ll be there. The alternatives are limited (the nearby hotels fill very quickly too), or simply just be prepared to 1/take a taxi or 2/ walk another 10 km.

If you can, try and at least spend the afternoon in Ferrol - it’s a lovely little town.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides