• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Celebration Tattoo

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
That arrow may point the wrong way in 10 year's time!! Leave tattoos to the Young folk. Buy yourself a nice bottle of wine. Or a nice item for your kitchen window. You'll see it every day and remember.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There is a Facebook page called Camino Tattoos. Lots of information there.

OK - I'm sixty but I want (my first ever) celebration tattoo in Santiago - any recommendations - I just want a small yellow arrow - possibly with a blue outline - thanks :)
Hi Jentho, sounds great and go for it.
Wish you well and a great tattoo, Peter.

What about a scallop shell tattoo on your foot? That's what I'm planning when I finish my camino.
Hi, when you have your scallop tattoo you must walk with Jentho, "the arrow and the scallop " ;):cool:
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Never was tempted myself, have helped many friends after the fact. Give yourself a good week to allow you tattoo to heal, no bumps or scratching it will blotch! no sun, no sauna or pool, showers are good but see here for 11 things you should consider, all requiring time which you may have only after your return home.
http://tattooartistmagazineblog.com/2015/01/07/11-tips-on-how-to-care-for-your-new-tattoo/
The itching, depending on the colors used and your sensitivity may be unbearable.

My friend (74 years) got a St. James cross and scallop shell tattoo at the Sagrado Corazon, near Ivar's office in Santiago. They had many suggested options to choose from and were very professional.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I hope you got one - this thread is old, but I’d love to hear how it ended… did you get one and would you mind sharing it with us?

I hope you didn’t read too much into the negative comments under your original post - and did what your heart told you to do

Hi Jentho, sounds great and go for it.
Wish you well and a great tattoo, Peter.
I hope you got one - this thread is old, but I’d love to hear how it ended… did you get one and would you mind sharing it with us?

I hope you didn’t read too much into the negative comments under your original post - and did what your heart told you to do
I’m Jenny, jentho30 from an earlier post in this thread - I finished from SJPP to SdC then to Muxia and Finsterre in 2015 when I was 60 and got this to celebrate and remember (and I’ve followed it for over 3000 kilometre of pilgrim paths since). I have never regretted it and it currently remains my only tattoo 😃
I hope the photo works …

Most read last week in this forum

I've just read this article from La Voz de Galicia. A Camino guide and frequent pilgrim with over 30 years of Camino experience calling for some greater regulation of numbers - at least on the...
One death attributed to a heart attack last week. Two pelegrinos gored, one seriously. One broken leg and many ending in Pamplona due to knee and leg and ankle injuries. Is it possible to confirm...
Hello. I am considering walking the Camino for the first time this fall, probably beginning the third week of September in St. Jean. But I keep reading about how crowded the Camino is, including...
Is there a list of albergues that also have private rooms on the Camino Frances? Gracias.
Hello, two weeks ago, I finished the Camino Francés, and while all the recent memories have not properly settled yet, I think enough time has passed to write a bit about my experience of the...
Can anyone give me (newbie!) some guidance on planning my stages after Roncesvalles? I currently have lodging booked Zubiri, Pamplona and then Puente la Reine, and on from there. I would prefer...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.