Correos and luggage

Aug 13, 2015
USA
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2016; Mansill de las Mulas to Finisterre/Muxia 2017; Aragones 2018; Suso/Yuso, Meseta 2019
I will be arriving in Spain in three weeks, the first two weeks will be at a language course in Salamanca. After the course I will need to store a small suitcase for about 3 weeks in either Mardid or Burgos while I do some walking. I have been reading the Correos website about their services for pilgrims. My understanding is that I can mail my small suitcase to myself from anywhere in Spain to a correos and it will be held, say for 30 days, for me to pick up. The prices are considerably less than luggage storage services in Madrid that I have researched. Did I understand this correctly? Would this storage service be available at any correos or only ones along the camino?

Something that anyone who uses this service would need to know are the hours of whichever office they intend to pick up their suitcase as they appear to not all be the same.

If you have experience with this, no doubt a number of pilgrims would find the information useful.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I will be arriving in Spain in three weeks, the first two weeks will be at a language course in Salamanca. After the course I will need to store a small suitcase for about 3 weeks in either Mardid or Burgos while I do some walking. I have been reading the Correos website about their services for pilgrims. My understanding is that I can mail my small suitcase to myself from anywhere in Spain to a correos and it will be held, say for 30 days, for me to pick up. The prices are considerably less than luggage storage services in Madrid that I have researched. Did I understand this correctly? Would this storage service be available at any correos or only ones along the camino?

Something that anyone who uses this service would need to know are the hours of whichever office they intend to pick up their suitcase as they appear to not all be the same.

If you have experience with this, no doubt a number of pilgrims would find the information useful.
Hi, Sparrow,

Will you walk to Santiago eventually?. If so send the suitcase to Ivar.
Otherwise any Correos office will hold your suitcase (properly wrapped) for 15 days I think. That's what I remember from my Caminos. Be it on Camino or not it's the same policy but you have to post it as Poste Restante/POBox:
Lista de Correos
Your Name (you can add peregrina if on Camino)
Address of the post office
Town (with ZIP postal code)

You'll also get the number of the package so you can track it on-line through Correos web site.

Enjoy!

Reactions: thomryng
Aug 13, 2015
USA
Frances 2016; Mansill de las Mulas to Finisterre/Muxia 2017; Aragones 2018; Suso/Yuso, Meseta 2019
Hi Kinky, I'm not perfect either, my self doubts are kicking in. What I was reading on the Correos website sounded too good to be true for my needs so I needed some confirmation. I have walked to Santiago twice, so this year I want to be different/myself. Hence, language school (I do speak castellano, just want to refine some things) then over to Zaragoza and up to Somport for a long slow version of the Aragones. I cannot be gone too long though, Ceit's sitter's frisbee throwing arm will get sore. Besides, I love the cathedral in Burgos.

By the way, that brown and white beastie is Ceit, not Sparrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: KinkyOne
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...
We are in Santa Marina del rey staying at a hostel costing 59 euros after redirecting from our destination which was San Martin del Camino. We found the albergues were all booked or closed after...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.