Correos Rucksack Transfer

jsalt

Jill
Aug 24, 2010
South Africa
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, I am trying to book rucksack transfer online through the Correos website, but my antivirus software won't let me pay, as it states the link has a phishing virus. I notified Correos, and they suggested changing my browser, which I did, but still no joy. I've notified them again, but in the meantime has anyone else had this problem? I'm a bit technologically challenged, so I need all the help I can get! Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Jan 3, 2017
Lancashire UK
Annually - often more - from 2014
Are you certain you’re going direct to the correos.es website and not relying on a search to take you to a website? (I’ve no aspirations to be a cyber-criminal, but if I had I’d set my sights higher than pac mochilla!)

It’s unlikely that there’s anything wrong with correos.es, so using a phone or tablet or someone else’s computer would be my suggestions.

Reactions: HelS and jsalt
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2014
Laramie, WY
2016, 2022, 2023, 2024, planned 2025
Hi @jsalt, I hope you get it figured out. I know I had a few roadblocks with them 2 years ago, but by registering with an account, I was able to ship Phil's bag more easily last summer midway through our final week while in country. It was because I had an account from the year prior.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsalt and Phil W

auburnfive

Veteran Member
May 26, 2008
I had the same problem last year, and tried changing browsers, using different computers etc., etc. I could book, but the payment wouldn’t go through. Correos couldn’t take my credit card info over the phone, they suggested I could go into a post office once I was in Spain and pay there.
Eventually I gave up and booked with Caminofacil, it worked without a hitch.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

jsalt

Jill
Aug 24, 2010
South Africa
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Thanks for all your replies. I can’t get to the payment page, so I don’t have the Paypal option. I will try using my phone. It’s not urgent as we’re not going until end of August. We are 8 mature ladies, walking from Oviedo to Santiago on the Camino Primitivo. I’ve done it before, so I know it’s challenging, and some of us have a few knee and back issues now. We thought we’d get two bags transferred each day, so that the 8 of us can put our heavy stuff, like toiletries, change of clothes, etc into the two bags, and walk with much lighter backpacks. The thing is, it is much cheaper if we use the Correos service. They charge E187 for 2 bags from Oviedo to Santiago, whether you walk it in 13 days (the usual etapas) or 19 days (which we are doing). Pilbeo, for example, charges per day, which for us will cost E228. Thanks for your suggestions!

jsalt

Jill
Aug 24, 2010
South Africa
Update: just received the following reply from Correos:

"Good morning, Jill: In relation to web payment, it may be that if you are managing it from a foreign card, it will not recognize it, and that is why it will not let you make the payment, if you know someone who has a Spanish card, to be able to make the payment, otherwise when you arrive in Spain, you can make the reservation at any of our Offices of the Post Office to make the payment . . ."

As I haven't actually got to the payment page yet it doesn't know what card I'm going to use, and it's my antivirus software that's stopping me. But anyway, one of the other ladies, who lives in the UK (I'm in South Africa), said she'll try, so hopefully it will work for her.

Reactions: J Willhaus
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jun 1, 2023
Philadelphia
Ingles fr. Ferrol 8/2024

"Good morning, Jill: In relation to web payment, it may be that if you are managing it from a foreign card, it will not recognize it, and that is why it will not let you make the payment, if you know someone who has a Spanish card, to be able to make the payment, otherwise when you arrive in Spain, you can make the reservation at any of our Offices of the Post Office to make the payment . . ."
I booked transfers through Correos last December without any issue using a US credit card, so this is a somewhat surprising response from them.

Reactions: jsalt

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2014
Laramie, WY
2016, 2022, 2023, 2024, planned 2025

As I haven't actually got to the payment page yet it doesn't know what card I'm going to use, and it's my antivirus software that's stopping me. But anyway, one of the other ladies, who lives in the UK (I'm in South Africa), said she'll try, so hopefully it will work for her.
There is a risk of course, but you may be able to circumvent your software. I know I can grant exceptions on mine, but dont. Might be safer to let your friend in the UK try first. Also it is probably fine to wait until you arrive to pay. I know you'd like to get it wrapped up, but that may also be safer. Good luck either way.

kamleman

Apr 23, 2020
Malaysia
St.James from O Cebreiro...Primitivo later in 2020

We have used Correos on 3 Camino with a Malaysian credit card and no problem at all. My experience with Spanish e commerce is that sites can sometimes be quite inconsistent with payment (Renfe is another) and occasionally persistence is required. Not that this helps you much I know, but it’s more likely there is something about your computer or Internet provider it doesn’t like. Buen Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
Hi , I'm looking for some advice. I'm flying to Madrid and catching a bus to Burgos to walk to León. I'm using a light weight foldable bag for my rucksack & poles but I would rather leave the...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides