• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dual Pilgrimage

AussieMargs

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi everyone,

I recently completed the Kumano Kodo over 5 days, and am on day 8 of the Portuguese way of the Camino.

I would like to apply to be a dual pilgrim, but I unfortunately lost my Kumano kodo stamp book during my travels. I have heaps of photos of my journey and of my completion stamp, and we have my husbands completed booklet. Do you think this will be enough to make a case in Santiago? While I will know in my heart that I am a dual pilgrim, I will feel somewhat disappointed if I am not granted the dual pilgrim stamp as these walks hold significance for me during this period of my life. Thank you!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The Pilgrims Office doesn't issue the dual stamp, only the final, cathedral stamp. Someone might clarify, but I think it can be obtained from the tourist office? If you can show your husband's Kumano Kodo credential along with your own photos, I'm sure they'll give you your stamp. Disappointing for you, losing your Japanese credencial, but as you said, you know in your heart, you did it.

In any case, congratulations for this dual pilgrimage !
I hope you will get your dual Compostela, and please tell us a bit about this Kumano Kodo way (accommodation, cost, sceneries...).

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
The tourism office in Santiago does this, or the Pilgrim office. I agree, if you can show them photos they will likely bestow it (the pilgrim’s office is not always so understanding). Good luck and welcome to the Dual Pilgrim club!

The dual pilgrim registration in Santiago is done through the tourist office in Rua do Vilar - not the pilgrim office. The procedure is to first go to the pilgrim office for your Compostela. Then take the Compostela and evidence of completing a Kumano Kodo route to the tourist office to register as a dual pilgrim. No idea how fussy they are about paperwork as I did it the other way round and registered at the Hongu visitor centre.

In any case, congratulations for this dual pilgrimage !
I hope you will get your dual Compostela, and please tell us a bit about this Kumano Kodo way (accommodation, cost, sceneries...).
This is the best website

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It's most important to pre-book your accommodations. This isn't like the Camino where you can walk and book a day before or just show up. For information on accommodations (all budgets) go to https://www.kumano-travel.com/en

I highly recommend a post-Kumano Kodo trip to Mount Koya (Koyasan) with a temple stay!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back