• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

El camino in April; couple of questions

G.V

I am leaving from St-Jean Port sur Pied around de 16-17 of April. Do I need to register befor or I can do that when I will be there. How is the weather in April ? Best way from Barcelona To SJPP ?

Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
April Camino

You can get a credential at the albergue in St Jean, from Accueil des pelerins de St-Jacques, 39 rue de la Citadelle. It is the main road running through the old town.

Weather: Look out for snow and PLEASE take the advice of the refuge staff. Last year a fellow almost died trying to cross on the Route Napoleon in the snow.

Barcelona to St Jean: Train to Bayonne (10.45 hours) - then to St Jean: http://www.sncf.com (French rail).

Safe journey!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
GV

Lucky you! So soon.

I had cold, rain, wind and mud in April/May, but also glorious sunny days.

Along the road, I think it is entering Najera (corrections welcome) you will come across a poem, roughly translated it says:

Dust, mud, sun and rain,
is the road to Santiago.
Thousands of pilgrims
and over a thousand years.

Pilgrim, who calls you?
What hidden force draws you?
Neither the people along the way
nor the customs of the country.

I see it all as I pass along
and it is a joy,
but the voice that calls me
I feel more deeply still.

Pilgrim, who calls you?
What hidden force draws you?

Neither the Field of Stars
nor the great cathedrals
nor history, nor culture
nor the cockerel in Santo Domingo
nor Gaudi’s palace
nor the castle in Ponferrada.

The force that drives me,
the force that draws me,
I am unable to explain
Only He above knows.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Now it's done, and I'm showered, fed and generally numbed with alcohol, it was great. Fortunately, the weather was cool all day, the rain held off and the terrain was rolling countryside. But...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
We all know there are a lot of bikers on the shared Camino path. I was knocked over in the town of Villatuerta and had to return immediately to the US for treatment after destroying my Camino on...
We are in Santa Marina del rey staying at a hostel costing 59 euros after redirecting from our destination which was San Martin del Camino. We found the albergues were all booked or closed after...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back