From Villamayor to Viana

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Marbe2

Dec 5, 2015
Time of past OR future Camino
2015-2023 walked all or part of CF 11 times
Thanks John,
You wrote...”
All of us who choose to give, rather than take, are the same....”

Would that it were so? Btw....I saw the movie “l’ll push you! “Who gave more to the other....the man pushing the wheel chair or the one being pushed?

Last edited:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
D

Deleted member 67185

I am confused... Villamayor TO Viana?

I guess I'm a bit confused... Villamayor to Viana? Villamayor is around 70 kilometers to the west of Viana, near to Belorado. In yesterday's blog you mentioned walking from Villatuerta to Estella to Irache, and then you wrote that you planned to stop midday in Villamayor.

Are there two Villamayors? I am sorry for my confusion, but I am having a hard time picturing the progression on the Camino :)

Reactions: HalfDomeOrBust
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Aug 14, 2013
Port Orange, Florida and Syracuse, New York
Francis SJPDP-SDC (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) , Norte 2018
Pilgrim Office 2018, Hospitalero Acebo 2019

I guess I'm a bit confused... Villamayor to Viana? Villamayor is around 70 kilometers to the west of Viana, near to Belorado. In yesterday's blog you mentioned walking from Villatuerta to Estella to Irache, and then you wrote that you planned to stop midday in Villamayor.

Are there two Villamayors? I am sorry for my confusion, but I am having a hard time picturing the progression on the Camino :)

Davebugg, There are about 7 of them i think....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

JohnLloyd

Veteran Member
Jul 15, 2018
London
johnelsewhere.blog
Francés (2018), Português (2019), Inglés (2022)
Thanks John,
You wrote...”
All of us who choose to give, rather than take, are the same....”

Would that it were so? Btw....I saw the movies l’ll push you! Who gave more to the other....the man pushing the wheel chair or the one being pushed?

This is a very good question

Reactions: Marbe2

JohnLloyd

Veteran Member
Jul 15, 2018
London
johnelsewhere.blog

I’m flattered that you thought it was possible for me to get to the other one without a jet pack

ItAintARace

Jun 18, 2018
EEUU
Francés, Octubre 2022
Wonderful blog, thank you for sharing. British wit is much appreciated as well. You're allowing me to cheat somewhat on my planning, what little there is. Should I arrive in a village previously scouted by you, my choices will be simpler. Enthusiasm is growing for my (our) first Camino, Oct to Dec, SJPP to Santiago. We continue to wish you the best.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

JohnLloyd

Veteran Member
Jul 15, 2018
London
johnelsewhere.blog
Wonderful blog, thank you for sharing. British wit is much appreciated as well. You're allowing me to cheat somewhat on my planning, what little there is. Should I arrive in a village previously scouted by you, my choices will be simpler. Enthusiasm is growing for my (our) first Camino, Oct to Dec, SJPP to Santiago. We continue to wish you the best.

I gained a lot by reading this forum before I left, so the least I can do is give back in this way.

chinacat

Veteran Member
Aug 13, 2009
@JohnLloyd

Love reading your blog ... thank you :)

It was good to see there are still those beautiful South American hammocks in Villatuerta. It’s many years since we stayed there. We stayed in the Dutch albuerge for a couple of days ... up in their ‘sick bay’. It was great fun helping to cook that communal meal (it was the least I could do, to thank them). Such a warm, welcoming place and such lovely people :)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Forum! Just to reassure those starting now and the next week, but I was in Roncesvalles last night and, though full and busy, I talked to the hospitalero who told me, there were still 27 empty...
One death attributed to a heart attack last week. Two pelegrinos gored, one seriously. One broken leg and many ending in Pamplona due to knee and leg and ankle injuries. Is it possible to confirm...
I started out from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port on 1 May. It turned out to be an unforgetable day. Above 1,000 m or so it snowed, catching many people unprepared. Later that day "many" walkers were...
Hi everyone -- After walking the Frances from SJpdP last October, I'm planning to revisit the bit between Logrono and Burgos this July, following different stages. It's the section where I had...
I'm flying from the USA to start my Camino this week. I will check my backpack, and to protect it, I will ship it in a plastic storage bin like this one: Rather than shipping the storage bin to...
I arrived in Santiago yesterday aiming to get the bus today from Lavacolla to Samos. Wanted to post as a live from the Camino but couldn’t work out how to do it! I walked Valenca to SDC with 2...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides