• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Granada -> Almería

Espee84

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2018
VdlP 2019
2020 Hatching plans
Hi
I have some questions about the route between Almeria and Granada…
1. What is the terrain like?
2. What is the trail like underfoot? Is it mostly off-road on trails, or are there long road sections?
3. How easy would it be to navigate in reverse - i.e granada to almeria? I would have the GPS track, so spotting yellow arrows would be less essential.
4. What are the transport links like (if any) between the start and end points of the stages? (I’m wondering about buses).

Thanks for your help.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We walked from Antequera back to Malaga just couple weeks ago. We had the GPS tracks on maps.me so it is not too essential for the yellow arrows. We started from Almeria by bus to Abla, then walked from Abla to Granada, mostly on trails, very rarely on roads. It is beautiful walks and lots of things to see, such as the caves houses etc. You will walk on dry river beds in stages from Almeria (it was not dry when we were walking, you might still have to navigate between streams!). The albergues are managed by very nice people in Almeria that you need to get hold of so they could send you the door codes. The Email address is caminomozarabedealmeria@gmail.com
The phone numbers listed in the website, you could use WhatsApp to contact Nely or Mercedes for quick reply and door codes!
You could also download the guide with albergue information from this website: the new May guide is available now!
www.caminomozarabesantiago.com

Buen Camino!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back