Hidden tombs in Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris

mspath

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2009
France
allmycaminos.blogspot.fr
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Kim Wiĺlsher in The Guardian dated December 9, 2022 details how Notre Dame's uncovered tombs beneath the cathedral's crossing have begun to reveal their secrets.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Perambulating Griffin

Aug 16, 2022
Central Ontario
Love this! It's been 20 years since I was last in Paris, but on every trip I've made I went to the subterranean archeological site 100 yards away from the main entry to Notre Dame...
And when the church burned, Spouse and I opened a Chat-Neuf and cried...
But the building will be restored (and this is the way of ancient treasures in so many parts of Europe anyway), and has revealed this amazing history.
As my favourite literature prof offered to me many years ago, "All the best stories are of things lost and found."

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
May 24, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Oct/Nov 2022_Mozarabe from Almeria
But the building will be restored (and this is the way of ancient treasures in so many parts of Europe anyway), and has revealed this amazing history.
As my favourite literature prof offered to me many years ago, "All the best stories are of things lost and found."
So much history still to be found … awesome/ really stirs my imagination.

Btw : showing my ignorance again / I can’t understand the ‘chat-neuf’ sentence. ? My limited French sees : cat-nine 😃😃

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Jan 3, 2017
Lancashire UK
Annually - often more - from 2014

Btw : showing my ignorance again / I can’t understand the ‘chat-neuf’ sentence. ? My limited French sees : cat-nine 😃😃
Chateauneuf du pape. A French red wine consisting of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre grapes. The Aussie GSM is a close approximation.

Perambulating Griffin

Aug 16, 2022
Central Ontario

Auto-correct destroyed my sentence. Château-Neuf.... (short form for one of the finest French reds we can reliably acquire). Not your inability there... but from now on I think I will ask Spouse if we should see if the Cat-nine is drinkable (which would be a double in-joke as we once had a professor who invited us for dinner -- lord... 30-some years ago -- and he greeted us with, "Shall we see if the '85 Margaux is drinkable?"). Reader, it was!

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Good afternoon, all: My apologies if this question is answered in another post. I am walking the Camino Frances in three weeks from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela and would appreciate any...
There are many 'What a lovely wonderful day that was' on the Camino but there are also days that are more difficult, 'Thank Goodness that's over'. History shows us that such was always the...
I've used Duolingo and Babbel, and have started listening to language transfer. But so far, I'm liking Wlingua the best. It presents clear differences between Spanish/Espana and Spanish/Latin...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides