Looking for a Children's map of Camino Frances

Patrick Neary

Jul 5, 2017
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, (2018)
We'll be walking CF in May, and I thought I would get a nice map for our grandchildren to follow along with us from home on the adventure. I need something with large print and enough detail for it to make sense (not a Spain map, or a Europe map, for instance). Anyone run across anything like this?
Thanks!

Reactions: Gumba
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

FLEUR

Veteran Member
Oct 27, 2016
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Voie de Paris / Tours Aulnay to Saintes 2017
Camino del Baztan 2018
There's a basic map inside the front cover of the Michelin Camino de Santiago book ( the little green book that's very useful.)

I photographed this map and used it as a slide in a PowerPoint presentation I made.

You could photograph and enlarge the map for your grandchildren.

Reactions: MaryLynn
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

HaraldS

Feb 10, 2016
Recklinghausen, Germany
2011-2017: Home(Germany) to SdC via Cologne-Taizé-Le Puy-Somport-Camino Aragones-Camino Frances
Have a look into this thread: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/hand-made-wall-map-to-follow-along.20340/
Dad drew the outlines of Spain's northern coast and of the Camino Frances on a ca. 3 meters x 1 meter paper roll. Then it was attached to a wall right above the ground in the living room. The six young children completed the map by drawing things and experiences which mum reported while being on the way. They also had a sticky figure for mum which they moved along the path. Sounds like a really good concept to me.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Aug 13, 2015
USA
Frances 2016; Mansill de las Mulas to Finisterre/Muxia 2017; Aragones 2018; Suso/Yuso, Meseta 2019
My suggestion as a retired Montessori teacher is to get the children the real thing, a map of Spain and Europe. No, the children likely will not understand it all. What you would be doing is planting seeds and providing a context. When my daughter was two she played with a beach ball globe and was able to locate places that we read about. Last year in her 20's she walked the Camino with me, a superb traveling companion!
HaroldS also has a wonderful idea!

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2011
Aotearoa-New Zealand
KiwiOnCamino.blogspot.co.nz
please see signature
@Patrick Neary the second image offerred by was on sale in Santiago etc at the end of October 2017. If you printed that image for your followers you might get individual copies for (some) of them on arrival.

Or buy two copies of the Michelin guide (# 160) - one to leave behind. This was my preferred guide to carry in a front pocket when walking. It has a stylised elevation profile and a selection of places to stay and detailed map for the suggested stages. This picks up on the suggestion by @Sparrow in Texas above.

Kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Purky

Intermittent Member
Sep 5, 2016
Breda
Reality is frequently inaccurate
How do I get one of these. I think they are perfect for showing mybfriends in Texas. We will be in Santiago Tuesday August 14. We have some shoppimg days if they are in the stores. Thankbyou. Camper Annie

I just googled them. I couldn't say if they were for sale in SdC...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides