• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Possible to buy GR65 topo maps in Rodez or Conques?

BobM

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
V Frances; V Podensis; V Francigena; V Portugues; V Francigena del Sud; Jakobsweg. Jaffa - Jerusalem
Last year I used only MMD, but this year I want better maps for Conques - SJPDP. The MMD maps are perfectly adequate, but I like to see contours as well as villages not shown in MMD.

Plus, last year I took a variant route to Golinhac not shown in MMD (OK, I got lost :oops: ) and I was flying blind until I met a Pilgrim with the GR 65 maps.

I don't have time to buy the GR 65 maps before I leave, so I am wondering if anyone knows if they are available in Rodez or Conques.

Much obliged.

Bob M

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Bob, I remember seeing the TOPO guides in a few places along the way. However, I cannot be specific about which bigger towns I saw them. My comment on Conques is that it is a tourist town (in a nice way) and there are a lot of things available in such a town, and it is quite possible that you could get the Topo Guides there. Sometimes the Tourist Office sold such things and at other times you would have to get them from a bookshop. If they are unavailable there, it is not to far too Moissac where they would most likely be avaailable - and as you would be well aware, the path is very well signposted.

You don't say how long before you go - have you checked out thebookdepository, uk? If they have them available it usually only takes about 8 - 10 days for them to post out (POST FREE!) to Australia. It will take patience to find the giudes on the site, and you will need to be specific in your search but I have noticed that they regularly have them in stock. I have often ordered something on a Wednesday or Thursday and it has been here in Adelaide by the friday of the following week.

Cheers, Janet

Almost every tobacco shop, bookstore, and stationary store has the maps for their region and the nearby regions. I bought them in Le Puy, Conques, and Moissac. If you are VERY weight conscious, you don't need more than two maps at a time!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thx everyone, for excellent suggestions.

I will be leaving home on July 16. I could not find the GR65 topo maps on The Book Depository, but Janet's suggestion was an excellent one. The guides are on Amazon, but "unavailable."

Theo and falcon269 gave very useful weblinks. The IGN(F) maps are really good and zoomable down to 1km/cm with increasing detail as you zoom in. Contours appear as you zoom further to max 100m/cm. With a couple of clicks you can pull up very detailed route elevation profiles as well. I like these maps. With some judicious printing I might be able to get enough for my needs.

Best wishes.

Bob M

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

I am very interested in walking from Le Puy to St. Jean in July. I've completed several other Caminos, so I am afraid I'm a little too casual with my prep for this one. I going to spend the next...
Hi! I'm new here and to the Camino, but trying to take advantage of a last minute opportunity to get off work for about 3 weeks including travel. I had hoped to do Le Puy to Cahors including the...
Hi, Can anybody recommend a Gite in Gramat? There seem to be a good number of places to stay, but I would like something near the GR if that's possible. A place oriented toward walkers would be...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back