Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Raining in Ponte Lima

hel&scott

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2004 St Jean - Santiago, 2008 &18 Seville - Finesterre, 2010 Ferrol - Lisbon, 2012 from Cartehenga.
Well we had hoped that we would leave the rain in Spain, but it hs followed us south... still it managed to hold off most of yesterday as we marched the 42 kms from Tui to Ponte Lima, only geting lost once when Fran was distracted by a giant pig.... walking backwards not as easy as it sounds but the waymarks~were pretty good both blue and yellow so we should not complain... made the mistake of assuming the caminho went past the church... which it doesn't.

Albergue in Ponte Lima excellend and we are the only ones here. First albergue I have ever been in that has tea towels in the kitchen! They really have thought of everything.

Albergue in Mos also very good if you are planning this trip, its only about 6kms out of O Porreino and Flora has the key and a well stocked store, looks like they have spent a fair bit of thought and euro on the renovation of the large building in front of the town which has a new cafe 7 bar. Very cute place and very welcoming...

Which is more then can be said for the Albergue in Ponteverda.... an excellet building to be sure but a very bossy hospitalier who treats the place as her personal fifedom with her noisey mates using the place as a lounge while the pilgrams are to treated like exhibits in the dorm... very strange.

Still the way has been good to us over all and only some times has it decided to be more of a river then a road... off to Burcelous today heading for the Portcaves in O Porto.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
hel&scott said:
Well we had hoped that we would leave the rain in Spain, but it hs followed us south... still it managed to hold off most of yesterday as we marched the 42 kms from Tui to Ponte Lima, only geting lost once when Fran was distracted by a giant pig.... walking backwards not as easy as it sounds but the waymarks~were pretty good both blue and yellow so we should not complain... made the mistake of assuming the caminho went past the church... which it doesn't.

Albergue in Ponte Lima excellend and we are the only ones here. First albergue I have ever been in that has tea towels in the kitchen! They really have thought of everything.

Albergue in Mos also very good if you are planning this trip, its only about 6kms out of O Porreino and Flora has the key and a well stocked store, looks like they have spent a fair bit of thought and euro on the renovation of the large building in front of the town which has a new cafe 7 bar. Very cute place and very welcoming...

Which is more then can be said for the Albergue in Ponteverda.... an excellet building to be sure but a very bossy hospitalier who treats the place as her personal fifedom with her noisey mates using the place as a lounge while the pilgrams are to treated like exhibits in the dorm... very strange.

Still the way has been good to us over all and only some times has it decided to be more of a river then a road... off to Burcelous today heading for the Portcaves in O Porto.

Hi, Hel & Scott,
You're making great progress. Wishing you some lovely sunny days interspersed with the inevitable rain. I look forward to updates, and hope that you enjoy the Caminho. Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Well we made it to the end despite the weather and while I didn't get sick on the route I caught a terrible flu on the much delayed flight home... will get my act together and update the blog at some point in the meantime can anyone enlighten me as to what the deal with the Romans on one side of the bridge and the guy on the horse on the other!

Attachments

• Ponte Lima.jpg
    Ponte Lima.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 538

Most read last week in this forum

We are walking the Camino Portuguese heading north from Tomar . A friend walking with us desperately needs to buy hiking poles. Where can we find a store on the Camino that sells poles? Thanks for...
Please keep an eye out for samsung phone. Lost between Pontevedra and split for the spiritual route. Pink case. Photo of a little dog on home screen
So, before I began my third Caminho Portuguese from Lisbon in April of this year, I had a week with a friend who lives in the Algarve beforehand. However, literally on the first night of landing...
Hello! I lost my blue correction glasses between the flower stall (on the way between Arcades and Pontevedra) and Pontevedra 2 days ago. I might have forgotten them in the Igrexa de Virxe...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back