• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Renfe bookings from Santiago

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
Thanks for sharing Sarah that June renfe tickets are available...been watching as well...just bought my Santiago DC to Madrid tickets using the app thetrainline.com which was better than using renfe.com. For others reading this thread, check out this info from man in seat61 site on train travel tips in Spain: https://www.seat61.com/train-travel-in-spain.htm

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
Thank you so! Been checking every couple days for my train from Madrid to Oviedo and because of you I just checked and got it!! There were only 4 left! Thank you again- doing the Primativo June 7 😝

I am going to leave from SDC the day before my flight that leaves from Madrid.
I want to get train tickets but don’t know which stop to put in for my destination. I plan on staying overnight near the airport. Does anyone have any info about what that destination is called.

I want to get train tickets but don’t know which stop to put in for my destination. I plan on staying overnight near the airport. Does anyone have any info about what that destination is called.
Just choose "Madrid (Todas)". The correct destination - Chamartín - will be automatically chosen.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Trains from Santiago to Madrid all start and end at charmatin station in madrid . Your long distance train ticket will include a voucher code for a free ride on the cercanias (commuter train) in madrid, easy for you to take the cercanias from charmatin station to terminal t4 at the airport and then if your hotel has an airport shuttle you can take that .The cercanias runs about every 15 minutes and your journey to the airport will take about 15 minutes.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
There has been some discussion about getting one way tickets to have more flexibility. Unfortunately I had to cut my Camino short because I was getting shin splints. Because I had a flexible...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back