Ryanair travel insurance

jony jony

Aug 30, 2016
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances ( 2007) Via de la Plata 2016/2017 . Sept 2018...Via de la Plata...May2019 via de la plata
Please check your travel insurance carefully .

On 6th August 2018 i booked my flight to Seville to start the VdLP ,so whilst on the Ryanair website i also took out their travel insurance without knowing my return date until i verified a couple of things . On 20th August i booked a return flight from Santiago ( well i am nothing if not confident ;) ).

Upon reading the terms and conditions of the insurance documents ,i find that as i booked the two flight separately then i am only insured for ONE day , that is the day of the outward flight even though in the policy would suggest that i am insured from the day i leave until the day i get home .

Just be careful if you are buying this insurance and if you book your flights separately .

P S . i am not sure if you can even book a return flight from a different airport at the time you book your outward flight .

Regards ..... John

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

trecile

Staff member
Feb 19, 2016
Southern Oregon
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
Please check your travel insurance carefully .

On 6th August 2018 i booked my flight to Seville to start the VdLP ,so whilst on the Ryanair website i also took out their travel insurance without knowing my return date until i verified a couple of things . On 20th August i booked a return flight from Santiago ( well i am nothing if not confident ;) ).

Upon reading the terms and conditions of the insurance documents ,i find that as i booked the two flight separately then i am only insured for ONE day , that is the day of the outward flight even though in the policy would suggest that i am insured from the day i leave until the day i get home .

Just be careful if you are buying this insurance and if you book your flights separately .

P S . i am not sure if you can even book a return flight from a different airport at the time you book your outward flight .

Regards ..... John
You are correct that you should always read all the terms and conditions when purchasing travel insurance. Or anything else for that matter! I usually purchase insurance separately - not what is offered by the airline. I'm in the US, and I use insuremytrip.com to compare and purchase my policy.

Iriebabel

Veteran Member
Feb 9, 2018
Florida,USA
omoperc.com
I’m in the US also and I use https://www.squaremouth.com/. To compare policy and prices. I never purchase insurance thru the airlines and I usually read the exclusions first before reading the inclusions because I have medical needs and need to make sure I have proper coverage for medical as well as travel related issues

Reactions: Marbe2
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
Hi , I'm looking for some advice. I'm flying to Madrid and catching a bus to Burgos to walk to León. I'm using a light weight foldable bag for my rucksack & poles but I would rather leave the...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.