• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Updated information regarding accomodation/food

AWalkabout

Mar 19, 2011
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2011, VdlP 2015+2017, Podiensis 2019
Hi,
My husbond and I will walk the Camino Ignaciano this year, starting in Loyola mid May.
So I'm asking for updated information regarding accomodation and food along the route.
Most important questions:
- is it necessary to book in advance?
- anything we have to be aware of regarding access to food/water? Eg. stages where dinner will be difficult to get in the evening?

I'm aware of the official website https://caminoignaciano.org/en/ - but I would like to hear from someone who has walked this camino recently, i.e. in 2022 or 2023.
Any updated information is appreciated, thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

roving_rufus

Veteran Member
Oct 8, 2012
Ireland
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2013-2015) Portugues (2017-2019) Via Francigena (2018-??) Camino from Ireland (2020-??)
There is a Ignatian camino Facebook group as well.
But also worth look at the parts it runs in tandem with caminos though in opposite directions- the Ebro and Catalan.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides