• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay the night before starting out

peregrina2000

Staff member
Call me silly, but I really like to start my camino on my feet, rather than take a bus or a train or a metro to the starting point. I don't know why, but that's how I like to do it. Maybe it has something to do with that total break from the regular routine.

In any event, I'll be walking the Camino de Madrid next month. I've been looking around for a place to stay near the Plaza de Castilla, which is not one of Madrid's more charming destinations. I find some business hotels, but really nothing else. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

Buen camino a todos, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There are many backpackers places in the centre of Madrid, near Sol, and farther out.

The weekend is often booked out, as I found to my cost a month ago. But you have enough time to book in advance. Have a look at HostelBookers.com, if I remember that address correctly. If you want a backpackers, that is.

I think Javier has a recommended place, not a backpackers.

To my knowledge, that's four from here on the CM in May-ish, with various starting dates. I saw some Spanish posts elsewhere about a May CM.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.