• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wicklow Way

EmoJohnson

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese coastal way (2017)
Camino Frances (May/June 2018)
I’m not sure I’m posting this in the correct thread. (moderators, please correct me :))
I’m interested in walking the Wicklow Way (given that time constraints won’t allow for a trip to the start of the Meseta, where I left you, fair Camino...)

For anyone who has walked Wicklow:
1) Do you recommend starting in Dublin or Clonegal? (My Friday-fried brain can’t compute which direction the wind would be at my back, like some Irish blessing.)
2) What do you consider a comfortable amount of time to devote walking Dublin-Clonegal? My two walks Porto to Santiago and SJPP to Burgos were averaging 20-25km a day.

Thank you, passionate pilgrims!
Emily

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Places to stay are far apart. Wicklow way is remote and rugged mountain trek. Wonderful experience. 6 days from Marley Park in Dublin.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.