• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

3G/4G availability on the voie de Tours?

pudgypilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
voie de tours 2015
I'm trying to decide what to do about consolidating gadgets so I have less junk to carry. A smartphone is not an option for me because of the situation where I live in the US. I had planned to pick up a cheap prepaid phone in Paris and use an ipod touch for Iphigenie etc., but then I was wondering if I could just use VOIP on a cellular ipad mini and only carry one device. However, people I know who've spent a lot of time hiking in some of the more remote areas of France have warned me that 3G/4G is not widely available outside of the more developed regions. I can guess this might be a problem in les Landes, but does anyone have any insight about the rest of the route?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!