• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Almost there

catro

Hi ya all!! I am leaving Sept 6 to walk the Camino Frances. Is it necessary to order my Credential before I go or can I get it easily enough at SJPP? I am flying to Paris from Vancouver, then the fast train down to Bayonne, then bus from there? So should be on the road about the 10. Travelling alone and I go from excitment to terror in 10 sec flat. Any last words of advice? What about plug in's, with all the people sleeping in the same place will there be a place to recharge my camera? should I bring an extra battery? cathy

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Dear Cathy,

You can get your credential in SJPP at the pilgrim's office. They'll also give you information on distances and elevation and albergues along the Camino. Once you get to Bayonne, there is a train that takes you to SJPP; you'll probably make your first friend on that train! DOn't take any extra batteries, you'll be able to recharge your camera quite easily along the way. Have fun (I'm jealous)

Gen of Montréal

Hi Cathy -
I'm also traveling through Bayonne and plan to start walking on the 11th. Likewise, I have many ups and downs of excitement and taking care of things at home before I leave. I'm actually traveling for 3 months through Spain, which is allowing me to take my time on the Camino and fully enjoy the experience.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Cathy:

Pack light, start slowly maybe stay at Orisson the first night and the Camino will take care of the rest.

Ultreya,
Joe

Most read last week in this forum