• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bus from Madrid airport to Pamplona

thetravellingpen

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2014
Think I've asked before, but can't find it now!
If I arrive at 1:45pm, will there be enough time to get the bus leaving for Pamplona at 3:15pm (1.5hrs) from the Terminal 4 at the airport? If not, will have to take the 7:15pm one, and then get to Pamplona at 1:00am. Booked accommodation in Pamplona already. Not planning on checking my bag in, so no luggage collection, only immigration to get through. Is it cutting it fine?

Alternatively, if I take the train at 7:35 pm, is it too late to get into Pamplona at 10:40pm? Accommodation has already said a late arrival is fine, but will it be difficult arriving at the train station that time of night and getting a taxi to the accommodation?

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I arrived the same time and had plenty of time to get the 3:15 bus. It’s a short taxi ride to the bus station and you might run into other people trying to do the same thing like I did and you can share the taxi so it’s pretty cheap.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum