• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bus/Train between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima

colindavies

Remarkably, I can trace no evidence of public transport between these places. Very grateful for any advice/pointers. Thanks.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi,
My bet is that you will have to change in Braga. If you go to the Rede Nacional de Expressos website, http://www.rede-expressos.pt/, and click on "horarios", you'll see you can go Barcelos to Braga on one of four buses, 6:30, 8:30, 13:30, and 18:30. It's about a half hour ride. Only the later two buses are daily, the first on is only M-F and the second one doesn't go on Sunday.

Then, once in Braga, it's another half hour to Ponte de Lima. It looks like (though I find this surprising) there is only one bus a day from Braga to Ponte de Lima, leaving at 6:30 pm daily, which is the same time that the latest bus arrives from Barcelos. So the latest you can leave Barcelos is on the 13:30 bus, which means you will have a layover of at least 5 hours.

BTW, I think you will easily find ways to entertain yourself in Braga for a day. It's a lively provincial city with a nice old core, some very nice cafes, plazas, fountains, etc, along with its very old cathedral.

Laurie

Many thanks, Laurie. Appreciate the info on Braga. But I've been a couple of times, so 6 hours could drag a bit. Cheers.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum