• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Del Norte

• Thread starter Former member 51719
  • Start date

Is it ok to walk the del Norte in September?

• end of season.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Too cold and everything will be closed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
F

Former member 51719

I'm planning to start the del Norte at end of August and finish mid October. What is the situation with the Alberges remaining open until end of October?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm planning to start the del Norte at end of August and finish mid October. What is the situation with the Alberges remaining open until end of October?
Look it up on Groze anr Eroski. As for your survey, neither answer resembles what I would say. I walked part of it late Sept. into Oct. and temps were 30+ degrees, so cold was the least of my concerns. Mind you, it was unusual to have such high temps., but....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Tortoise! I've just started looking at albergues on the Norte at the moment and so far it seems some are only open July/August, some close end of September, some 11 October and others (esp. Albergues juveniles) remain open all year. But I'm right at the beginning of my 'research' and the Norte is new to me.
You'll find those sites useful:

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/los-caminos-de-santiago/del-norte/
http://www.gronze.com/camino-de-santiago/caminos/guia-del-camino-del-norte

There is also plenty of information available on the forum, have a look through.

Buen planning

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I walked from Irun to Villaviciosa, then bifurcated to the Primitivo starting Mid September 2015, reached Santiago October 20th, finding an Albergue was never a problem.

Using an out of date Cicerone guide ( 2012?) departing Irun last September all was well on the Norte. Just after Bilbao on a weekend was a bit of a bottleneck at albergues, although this was after 5pm.
Irun to Santander is pleasant and also exciting catching boats!

Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum