This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Camino Primitivo - March 17th - April 1st 2018

Simon Spence

Time of past OR future Camino
2018 Camino Primitivo
I am planning to walk the Camino Primitivo this March and then to Fisterra am looking for advice on

What to expect at that time of the year in terms of Weather / Crowds / Places to Stay / Routes Open??

I will be finishing Easter Sunday in Santiago and wanted to know if I need to book ahead for a place to stay.

Any General Advice on Primitivo is welcome

thanks

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
We walked Primitivo November, last year. Many albergues and Hostels were closed. I believe it's doable in March, but you need to check the next lodging a day before, even in case to be open it's useful to the owner/hospitalero to put heater on. The route (IMO) is open all the way, but you never know about the weather on the mountains. I mean, it can be so foggy/snowy that it's dangerous to go to Hospitales like it happened to us. I don't think there will be too much crouwd on March/April.

We plan to go early march and arrive compostela on 3/24 weather permiting. Second option is camino del norte starting in Aviles

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We plan to go early march and arrive compostela on 3/24 weather permiting. Second option is camino del norte starting in Aviles
Luis, Did you go in March 2018? I’m looking to go this March and was wondering about the weather. I did the Portuguese interior last March was fun but rained everyday. I still loved it. Joe

Most read last week in this forum