• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Can I stay the first night in the Camino albergue in St Jean Pied?

Eavan Smith

Time of past OR future Camino
I've done half of the Northern Way (Gijon to Santiago) and am planning on doing the full French Way this year.
Hello everyone,

Just a simple question: is it possible to stay in the official Camino albergue the first night I get to St Jean Pied de Port or will I have to book accommodation for my first night?

Thanks for your help!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you have your credential yes you can. You will probably get your first stamp at the pilgrim office then you can get the next one at the albergue.
Buen Camino.

If you have your credential yes you can. You will probably get your first stamp at the pilgrim office then you can get the next one at the albergue.
Buen Camino.

I have my credentials. Thanks a million!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, you can! It's a small albergue. We went to the pilgrim's office to get our credentials (they weighed our bags there, too), and then the lovely volunteers assigned us a bed in the albergue and walked us over. It's just a few doors down.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks for the confirmation. I'm on a tight budget for the month, so need to plan ahead a bit! Thanks!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello everyone,

Just a simple question: is it possible to stay in the official Camino albergue the first night I get to St Jean Pied de Port or will I have to book accommodation for my first night?

Thanks for your help!

If you can get there in the early afternoon, it will increase your chances of getting a bed in the municipal albergue.

Most read last week in this forum