• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

CdlP

Last year, Oct. 13 on my 4th walking of the CdlP I had to stop in Carcabosa. This year Oct2014 I will start in Carcabosa and hopefully finish as in other years in Santiago. Not a good place to start as it is 38k to Aldeanueva. Other years it was very messy with AVE and other roadworks. I hope they are finished by now. In 2012 it was very difficult getting to Canaveral as it was a Sunday, nobody working on the site and bad way marks. I would appreciate any advice as to where I might encounter roadworks between Carcabosa and Santiago . I am looking forward to it already. Since I did the first of 3 Caminos Frances in 2007 I sure have caught the Camino Bug. Buen Camino to all.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not finished, alas. I walked in Sept/Oct 2013. The worst was after Zamora to Tábara (big detours), around Mombuey, Requejo to Lubián, A Gudiña to Laza. Some of this is AVE, some motorway. Some are well signed, others not. Between A Gudiña and Laza the hospitaleros tell you to stick to the original Camino, rather than following the construction site signs. Best wear something hi-viz. Buen Camino - it's nevertheless all worthwhile.

Sir John. Many thanks for that. I'm looking forward to getting on the road again in October

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
From Carcaboso, you can always stop halfway in Oliva de Plasencia, it is a quiet small village, interesting little place, and it is not a big detour of the camino, the atmosphere in the local bar is quite nice, actually.

I was there 3 months ago and as far as I remember, there are no diversions due to train or road works up to Salamanca.

Buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum