• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Colombares to Pendueles

Thornley

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances x 2 , Norte x 2 , Le Puy x 3 , Portuguese x 2,
Mont St Michel , Primitivo .
Will be there in a few weeks ,
Has the construction of new freeway finished?
Is there a new up to date path along the coast and if so where does it commence?
Thanks for any update

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Yes, it's finished and in service.

I'm sorry I can't provide you more info. Let's hope you get an answer from someone with recent on the ground info about that strecht of the Camino del Norte.

Is there a new up to date path along the coast and if so where does it commence?
Thanks for any update

I walked that stretch after the new freeway had already been opened and I have to say it was a huge relief. I believe 80% of the traffic from N-634 was gone including all big trucks (and I remember very well what it looked like before). I went along the (quiet now) road again because I wanted to stay at the camping La Franca (they have some old bungalows for pilgrims to share), so I can't say if the original Camino has been restored by now.
There is more updated info at the blog of the pilgrim who walked there recently:

https://magwood.me/el-norte-ingles/

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum