• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Cycling from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Santigo may/june 2014

Patrick40600

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino frances by bicycle May 2014
I am planning on riding the Camino Frances end May 2014. I plan to tow a single wheel trailer. Have you any experience, recommendation ? Does somebody do the same trip at this time ?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Look at some clips on utube, lots of tips and clips from the camino there, I am cycling The last 300 km in mid May so will update u then, b
Good luck

I never see those trailers outside of the states. I would not recommend it

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am planning on riding the Camino Frances end May 2014. I plan to tow a single wheel trailer. Have you any experience, recommendation ? Does somebody do the same trip at this time ?
I set out to ride on the road, but rode on the trail itself when I could see no suitable road. I advise you to stick to the road, however far it wanders away from the trail. I described one section at the time as impossible uphill, difficult on the flat and dangerous downhill. You may be riding a mountain bike, but I would still recommend the road, given that you are pulling a trailer.

Ok, last answer was short because I can't type on a phone.

Search this forum for lots of info. Personally, we ride mt bikes on the trail, with just small rear panniers which weigh full what a trailer weighs empty. They are easy to carry on a plane, carry up stairs etc.

The trail of the Frances is world class wonderful mt biking while the roads are mediocre road touring.

Thank you for these advices. I usually ride my mountain bike with rear panniers for journey of about one week. This time it will takes me at least a couple of weeks. I've bought a Bob Yak like trailer and I will test it around before to go. I see more and more trailers of this kind in south west of France and I wanted to try. I'll keep you informed.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
my gear for a week is no different from my gear for six weeks

I have ridden the great divide and western transCanada trail with several people with trailers. Every one of them now tour with panniers. trailers were the rage on the great divide a few years ago, now they are less than 10%.

On the other hand, I have a friend on the fire department who bike commutes with all his gear in a BOB trailer. It works great for that, it is just places like the Camino where they really are awkward.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum