• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Darkness into Light

Agnogel

A very great full pilgrim
https://www.facebook.com/DarknessIntoLightNaas?fref=tsView attachment 9764
My self and my dog Nuby took part in a 5KM walk this morning in our home town along with 5,000 other souls at 4.15 am in support of suicide victims and there familys, Only for the fact i am in training for my own camino in late August i would not have been able to take part in the event so you see St James works in mysterious ways even this far from Santiagio.
Buen Camino.

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
These took place all over the country this morning but unfortunately I could not participate. Well done, its a great cause.

That is true Wayfarer what struck me most about it was the fact that with so many people taking part it was all most silent the chatter of people talking was very little it was the first time i had walked with a large crowed except at a funeral and wondered will my camino be the same

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Not really, there will always be people more than willing to talk but you will meet some who won't and will not even return a Buen Camino as well. You will meet all kinds. Embrace it all.

I think what you're describing is a sacredness that goes along with a group of people walking and reflecting on something meaningful. I also think your title for this thread "From Darkness into Light" is a metaphor for what can happen on the Camino. It feels like your walk this morning with Nuby and the other walkers was very meaningful and very special. I do believe that if you seek it, you will find meaningful and special. Buen Camino! Pennie

I did the same in the Phoenix Park. I loved it..and for a great cause too. It's good to get used to the early starts

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum