• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Ermita de San Román

Bert45

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2003, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2018, 2019
Between Torres del Río and Viana there is an ermita marked on the map, the Ermita de San Román. It seems to be in the middle of nowhere, and there appears to be no road or path leading to it. I've not been able to find a picture of it on t'internet. Have you seen it? Do you have a photo of it? Is it worth finding a way to it? Thanks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
From the satellite view on Google Maps it looks as if there is very little left of the building. A few fragments.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
If you look at the satellite image of the area via Google maps it appears to just be a ruin, with only one wall still visible.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you look at the satellite image of the area via Google maps it appears to just be a ruin, with only one wall still visible.
Thanks, both of you. I didn't think I'd get a decent image from Google Maps, so I didn't try to get close. Yes, there isn't much there. Hardly worth mentioning it on the map, but I suppose, but to really keen ermita collectors it must be as important as any other.

Well it looks kinda cool to me, history lost amongst the trees, somewhere I'd find myself detouring to. Thank you for pointing it out.

Most read last week in this forum