• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

From Madrid to St. Jean-Pied-de-Port - PROBLEM!! HELP ME!!

eduardo.sia

Hello.
I have an specific question. I want to go from Madrid to St. Jean-Pied-de-Port.

From Madrid to Pamplona: TRAIN -- Depart: 15:05 - Arrives: 18:25
From Pamplona to Roncesvalles: BUS -- Depart: 18:00 - Arrives: 19:10
From Roncesvalles to St. Jean-Pied-de-Port - TAXI

The problem is that there isn't any other bus time after 18 o'clock from Pamplona to Roncesvalles and the train from Madrid just arrives at 18:25 at Pamplona.
Does anyone knows if the bus (18:00hrs) that departs from Pamplona to Roncesvalles waits for the peregrines who are coming by train from Madrid, for instance, until 18:30 or whether I arrives in Pamplona at 18:25 (by train) I will have to find a place to sleep and wait for another bus to St. JPP only on the other day?

Thank you very much.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I doubt very much the 18.25 bus will delay its departure for the (possible) arrival of pilgrims from the train station. Anyway it would take you a lot more than 5 minutes to get from the train station to the bus station. As far as I can see your choices are (1) to get an earlier train (2) to get a bus from Madrid to Pamplona or (3) to stay the night in Pamplona or (4) to arrange a taxi from Pamplona to Roncesvalles/SJPP.

Bus is probably your best option.

Yes, definetly the best choice is to get a bus from madrid to pamploma
Thank you very much indeed for your answer and help.
Tks

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!