This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

getting to Oviedo

SarahM

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo (Oct 2018)
Landing in Paris, and needing to get there on Oct 6 or 7. Turns out there are no direct flights from Paris to Oviedo.. Looks like I either fly to Barcelona, Madrid, etc, and then take a train. Egads. Any suggestions?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Landing in Paris, and needing to get there on Oct 6 or 7. Turns out there are no direct flights from Paris to Oviedo.. Looks like I either fly to Barcelona, Madrid, etc, and then take a train. Egads. Any suggestions?
Fly to Madrid, train(Renfe) or bus(Alsa) to Oviedo. Easy! I prefer train

Do check Vueling.
They have direct flights to Oviedo and others that make a stop in Barcelona.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well be starting our Camino Primitivo in mid September. Being Train nut, I propose to fly a into Paris, TGV to Irun, then spend another day on Euskotren and FEVE narrow gauge railway across to Oviedo. I'm unsure of two things which are not clear in the docs (at least to me) :
o Does the TGV run thru Hendaye and terminate in Irun
o Does the Euskotren to Donostia stop in Irun/Colon
Info appreciated.

I got a direct flight from Madrid to Oviedo, on Iberian airlines, for $55 via Expedia. Better than train ticket price, in some cases.
Good luck!

Most read last week in this forum