• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

golfers vasculitis

WldWil

Time of past OR future Camino
2015 SJPDP - Halfway
2016 Fromista - The other half
During my 21 mile hike, I developed golfers vasculitis on my right ankle. It hurt almost as much as the blisters and was along the edge of the foot as well.

I was wearing two pairs of wool socks and can only figure I over heated my leg and caused the rash.

I plan to test out coolmax sock liners and considering going back to cotton booty socks. (I am wearing shoes)

Has anyone else had to deal with this. What is your best way of prevention.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There are many threads concerning this.
I get it every year and I hear it's especially HOT on the Camino right now in some sections.
It will go away on its own.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I apologize. I did a search for this term, but must have had the box checked on "this forum only" I typically do some checking first.

I do appreciate you pointing it out though as this is a bit of a concern and I certainly want to avoid it. Thanks.

Most read last week in this forum