• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How to get to Hendaya or Lrun from biarritz

PeterBarry

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances
Norte
Portuguese
Le Puy to SJPDP
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to get from Biarritz airport to Hendaya or Lrun?
Or from Hendaya to lrun.
I am traveling next Friday July 16th arriving to Biarritz at 1820 and am concerned about getting to Lrun on time to get a bed for the night.
Any help or info would be appreciated.

Regards

Peter

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Peter, how mauch time do you have - if you have a few spare days why not try staying in Bayonne (or Biarritz) and then walk along the path to Irun. It is well marked and a pleasant walk - takes about 2 days. Otherwise I THINK there are little local trains down to Hendaye - Irun is a short walk across the bridge. I think there is also now a refuge in Hendaye too. Cheers, Janet

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for the help folks, I have about 2 weeks and my wife is meeting me in Santander midway through the 2nd, so I plan to begin to walk on Sat next from Lrun or Hendaya.
The walk from Biarritz sounds tempting, but not this time around.

Anyway Thanks again for the assistance.

Regards
Peter

Most read last week in this forum