• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

In Pamplona and Need Assistance

juliecarteraz

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, May 2013
Hi: I started my Camino earlier this month. I have injured my left leg and cannot continue. On my travel to Spain from Phoenix I carried my backpack on board the aircraft. In my present condition, I can barely walk. I am not able to walk and carry my backpack. I am hoping to buy a suitcase with wheels so that I can place my empty pack and clothes in it and check the bag through from Madrid to the US. Does anyone know where I might go to buy luggage in Pamplona? I am in a hotel on San Ignacio and Avenida Baja Navarra. Thank you for any ideas you might have.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Julie, I am sorry about your injury preventing you from continuing. I'm wondering if someone at the hotel where you are staying can help you find what you need. I know this isn't much help, but it's worth a try. Good luck and have a safe journey home. And, let us know how this resolved.

Thanks, Patty. The young man at the front desk -- although very nice-- did not have a clue as to where to go to purchase luggage. That was my first thought, also.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Julie,

I am in Pamplona now...let me know if I can help in any way. I have seen inexpensive luggage - all sizes, on wheels - at the Asia Bazaar shops directly on the Camino route.

Nancy

Hello Everyone: I purchased a suitcase at El Cortes Ingeles. I have made my way back home to Arizona after taking the bus from Pamplona to Madrid. I have already been to see an orthopedic doctor who suspects a tear in the meniscus. I had an MRI this morning. My first question is going to be "how long before I can go back and walk the Camino?" Thank you so much for all of your support. I cannot wait to get back. I am telling my friends and family that my trial run is over, and I learned a lot for my real Camino!

Most read last week in this forum