• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.
Resource icon

Jean-Christophe Rufin, Immortelle Randonnée. A pilgrim's review

Felipe

Veteran Member
Felipe submitted a new resource:

Jean-Christophe Rufin, Immortelle Randonnée. A pilgrim's review - Review, books about the pilgrimage to Compostelle

Read more about this resource...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
This is one of the rare books I have read twice. And with a highlighter for future reference.

First of all it is actaully well written, Rufin is no amateur author. Also, his insigth on how foot steps affect the brain is interesting and bang on.

Now, he, like Coelho, goes a little overboard with the wilderness aspect of ot, the turning into a homeless person or just about. Yes he walked the Norte, but even the Norte is glamping.

"Glamping"...I duly annotated this word. It may come handy, coming to think of it. It seems bang on for my next vacations.
Ah, the infinite variety of languages and idioms. I love them.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
"Glamping"...I duly annotated this word. It may come handy, coming to think of it. It seems bang on for my next vacations.
Ah, the infinite variety of languages and idioms. I love them.
"Glamourous camping". Got to love it. Did it in Africa, with staff getting up early to have boiled water for tea and run out for groceries even if we made up our own tents and helped with cooking. Sleeping in an albergue is utter luxury.