• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Looking for a private albergue in Astorga

sun is shining

Heya all,

one big, huge Thanks to everyone for helping me (and everyone else) with planning their Camino! This forum is invaluable for advice and helpful hints and I´m so glad that I found you here. Hopefully one day I´ll be able to give some advice as well after actually walking the Camino.

Currently I´m looking for a casa rurale or pension that I can pre-book for Astorga. We would like to use this as our rest stop for a day and I don´t want to steal a bed from someone that actually walked during that day while I could relax and drink loads of cafe con leche.

I found a fair few hotels but would much prefer a private albergue to these big holiday places.

Thanks for you help,

Sarah

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have stayed a couple of times at the Astvr Plaza which is on Plaza Mayor in the middle of most of the action. The main albergue is close by and the Plaza usually has many Pilgrims during the afternoon and evening. Many restaurants with outside tables on the plaza with Café con leche and cervezas while you watch people.
Right on the Camino through town so fun to watch others go by if you stay over. If you get a room with a balcony you will be looking right down on the activity. This is a three star and is a real nice rest from the albergues. I would not classify it as "a big Holiday place".. Price is usually pretty decent.

Rooms from 69 Euro:

Hotel Gaudi
Glorieta Eduardo de Castro, 6, 24700 Astorga, Spain
+34 987 61 56 54 ‎

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hotel Gaudi is a nice place also. It is located on the Plaza Cathedal across from the Gaudi Palacio.
They are both usually about the same price...(Gaudi is more expensive sometimes).
I prefer the Plaza Mayor as a location...but both are good choices.

Sarah:

The municipal Albergue in Astorga is actually one of the best on the Camino. They have a great group of permanent Hospitalero's, small rooms with eight beds in each and a wonderful veranda off the kitchen that overlooks the valley.

Ultreya,
Joe

Joe...I think she was opting to leave the bed in the albergue to someone else as they were taking an extra day of rest..2 nights.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum