• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Need Help -transport from Villafranca de Bierzo to Sarria

LauraK

Time of past OR future Camino
Leon-Santiago (2004) Roncesvalles-Leon (2006) Camino Frances (2012) Kumano Kodo-Japan (2014) Camino Sanabres/Salamanca-Santiago (March 2015) Camino Del Salvador and Camino Primativo (Oct 2015)
a friend of mine is walking from Leon to Santiago. She is currently in Villafranca de Bierzo and is having problems with her legs. She wants to go to Sarria so she can walk shorter distances. Can anyone tell me what transportation she can get from Villafranca to Sarria tomorrow? Thank you!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There are buses from Villafranca del Bierzo to Lugo four to six times a day. They stop in both Piedrafita do Cebreiro and Lugo. Lugo will be more convenient for catching a bus to Sarria.

The bus station in Villafranca is near the Parador hotel.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
ALSA bus from Villa Franca del Bierzo to Lugo.

Empresa Monforte (Monbus) bus from Lugo to Sarria.

Thanks everyone! I knew someone would know the answer. I looked up the bus schedules for ALSA and Monbus and found a good connection. My friend is all set for tomorrow. Thanks Falcon for providing the location of the bus station.

Most read last week in this forum