• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Outer/Rainwear - Perm any 2/3 from 5 for April/May.

merrellj

Desperately need to shed some pack weight before I leave otherwise will be making early visit to the Post Office.

I have a l/s midlayer, thermal fleece, lightweight packaway rainjacket, waterproof outer jacket and a poncho.

My fleece is an old companion but am seriously thinking about abandoning it in favour of the midlayer as it will be significant weight/volume if it has to stay in my pack most of the time if I am walking in reasonable temperatures, and accompanying midlayer with the packaway, but undecided then about the rainjacket or the poncho??????

Would appreciate advice on what is best trade-off/combination for mid April to end of May.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
April /May, our choice was 1 light (250gm)+ 1 medium (350) weight fleece and a Rohan poncho (340gm). Worked OK.

Most read last week in this forum